+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Headphone survey

I'm Grant.

They are great when set up to your ears. Although a little better on cable, a good Bluetooth connection and you gain freedom.
    The avantree leaf for pc is super. Great range too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ward.

I'm very lucky as a few years ago I managed to pick up a pair of Sennheiser HE60s and a class A Head Acoustics activator to drive them, they replaced a Stax 404 pro system that my son now owns. I also have a pair of Hifiman HE500s driven by an Icon audio HP8 using Psvane output tubes. Portable duty is covered by a pair of B&W P3s which I use with a Fiio DAP.

I'm Chris.

I also have an Audeze LCD-X but the T1 is better. The LCD-X is a great tool for analysing the music, the T1 is a boogie machine and just takes you on a musical journey.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    They are great when set up to your ears. Although a little better on cable, a good Bluetooth connection and you gain freedom.
    The avantree leaf for pc is super. Great range too.
    You might get an improvement with the Avantree DG60 or similar with the CSR8675 chipset, as it would support Aptx HD, as the Nuraphones do.

I'm Mandeep.

I’ve just got beyerdynamic dt 1770 pro. Took some getting used to after using meze 99 classics for 3yrs.
    Very good isolation and not at all ear piercing when when playing loud.
    Merry Christmas to all..

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I've gone round in circles over the last year or so after a lot of experimentation and have landed back on my trusty HD650s which I started out with!

I'll need to get a few pairs I've been through listed next week, AKG701s and Audioquest Nighthawks, also some Oppo PM3s which someone has first dibs on.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I bought a pair of HD700s a few weeks ago and Shane's Graham Slee Solo, they sound sublime together. Basically sounds the same as the HD700s and GS Ultra Linear Diamond I had earlier if memory serves me right.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Robin.

Two sets of headphones requiring different amps:
    Stax 009S + Focal Stellias.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by doodoos View Post
    Two sets of headphones requiring different amps:
    Stax 009S + Focal Stellias.
    both quality cans...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nuraphones. Best I've used.
    Also a Nuraphones user here. Love the flexibility of using cable or bluetooth connectivity. They stay charged for a long time so all in all very pleased with them.

The earpiece fitting does take a little getting used to but now I do not even notice it and I really enjoy listening to the music.

I also bought a set of Nuraloops from the same company but they are getting less use, although they use the same technology, as I find they do not fit quite so well. Reminds me I should give them another go.

I'm Steve.

Beyer DT911 that I have had for years. Status Audio CB1 closed back. Philips Fidelio X2HR which are remarkable for the money. Chord Mojo feeds all three successfully.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910