+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello I'm Scotty

I'm david.

Default Hello I'm Scotty

Hello everyone. Me? Well I was brought up on real music. All the great stuff of the sixties, seventies and even into the early eighties. The great voices the diverse lyrics and of course the musical music.
    The debate over digital music vs analogue has been going on for years. I can't remember who wrote this but I think it's true "The difference between digital music and analogue music is that one listens to digital music less and less, while one listens to analogue music more and more" I am about to see if that is true.
    I've had stuff in the back room for ever and now I'm going to drag it into the cold light of day and fire it up. Ok what have I got?
    One set of KEF Concerto speakers with crossovers from a fellow in the UK who specializes in KEF. Sorry I can't recall his name but I got the kits from him about five years ago.
    One Denon 1804 Amp and a Denon pre Amp.
    Two ERA turntables. I've reworked them and they are fitted with Grace tone arms and Denon MM cartridges. Their suspension has been reworked. I also have two sets of JR (Jim Rodgers) speakers in a very sad state, future project.
    The KEF speakers are the ugliest boxes ever to grace? a lounge room. Whoever built them had no idea about carpentry but they are solid. The plan is to put them into more elegant boxes if I can get hold of some plans.
    Personal stuff. I live in a nice suburb in Melbourne with my good lady wife and Ruby the little poodle. Our house is the oldest one in the area built around 1900 and shows every year of it. We've lived here for thirty five years or more and are considered asset rich but cash poor.
    My other interest is vintage slot cars.
    That's Me.
    Scotty

I'm Geoff.

Hi Scotty. Welcome to AOS.

The original KEF Concerto were a nice speaker, but it's taken a long time for people to appreciate how good they can be. Definitely worth hanging onto these days and original cabinets would be an asset. The ERA turntables are another under appreciated classic.

Join in the chat and enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm david.

Thanks. I found out from my son that the cross overs I got are from Falcon Acoustics.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Thanks. I found out from my son that the cross overs I got are from Falcon Acoustics.
    They should be decent enough then. You could always track down some original Concerto crossovers for comparison, Cambridge Audio R40 items should work too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They should be decent enough then. You could always track down some original Concerto crossovers for comparison, Cambridge Audio R40 items should work too.
    IIRC they also did an upgraded version with the aB (acoustic Butterworth) fix as used in the Ref 104aB.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Scotty,

Nice introduction - I would agree that the KEF Concertos were/are good speakers as were the ERA turntables. The latter were overlooked in the day because of the excessive and unjustified promotion of Linn and Rega TTs by their dealers, and by the UK audio press at the time.

You lived through the Golden Age of music.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Welcome Scotty, it was my friend's brother, with his Dynaco speakers, Trio amp and ERA turntable that got me into hifi back in the 70's
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread