Hello everyone. Me? Well I was brought up on real music. All the great stuff of the sixties, seventies and even into the early eighties. The great voices the diverse lyrics and of course the musical music.
The debate over digital music vs analogue has been going on for years. I can't remember who wrote this but I think it's true "The difference between digital music and analogue music is that one listens to digital music less and less, while one listens to analogue music more and more" I am about to see if that is true.
I've had stuff in the back room for ever and now I'm going to drag it into the cold light of day and fire it up. Ok what have I got?
One set of KEF Concerto speakers with crossovers from a fellow in the UK who specializes in KEF. Sorry I can't recall his name but I got the kits from him about five years ago.
One Denon 1804 Amp and a Denon pre Amp.
Two ERA turntables. I've reworked them and they are fitted with Grace tone arms and Denon MM cartridges. Their suspension has been reworked. I also have two sets of JR (Jim Rodgers) speakers in a very sad state, future project.
The KEF speakers are the ugliest boxes ever to grace? a lounge room. Whoever built them had no idea about carpentry but they are solid. The plan is to put them into more elegant boxes if I can get hold of some plans.
Personal stuff. I live in a nice suburb in Melbourne with my good lady wife and Ruby the little poodle. Our house is the oldest one in the area built around 1900 and shows every year of it. We've lived here for thirty five years or more and are considered asset rich but cash poor.
My other interest is vintage slot cars.
That's Me.
Scotty