+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LAN isolators

I'm Jesper.

Default LAN isolators

Hi fellow sound lover’s

I’m interested in your opinion/experience with these devices

My interest in this stems from running my whole setup via a a Furman P2300it-e symmetrical balanced power conditioner = 1 power source & 1 decided ground...ore so I sought
    But my streamer is connected to a Router in another room via a cat7 cable = a different power outlet & a different ground connection

My whole Furman main’s setup was installed buy a pro audio guy, whom insisted I installed “galvanic isolation” to my tv antenna & HDMI cables, to avoid unwanted ground loop feedback - something about the way the Furman operates
    I asked him about these LAN isolators, and he said that they only install these in laboratory’s

All this got me thinking...I don’t really buy in to the supreme sound improvement’s
    But since I have spent time & money on a symmetrical balanced power conditioner source with a dedicated ground - wouldn’t it make a lot of sense isolating my cat7 cable also?

Thanks for your inputs

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlys View Post
    Hi fellow sound lover’s

I’m interested in your opinion/experience with these devices

My interest in this stems from running my whole setup via a a Furman P2300it-e symmetrical balanced power conditioner = 1 power source & 1 decided ground...ore so I sought
    But my streamer is connected to a Router in another room via a cat7 cable = a different power outlet & a different ground connection

My whole Furman main’s setup was installed buy a pro audio guy, whom insisted I installed “galvanic isolation” to my tv antenna & HDMI cables, to avoid unwanted ground loop feedback - something about the way the Furman operates
    I asked him about these LAN isolators, and he said that they only install these in laboratory’s

All this got me thinking...I don’t really buy in to the supreme sound improvement’s
    But since I have spent time & money on a symmetrical balanced power conditioner source with a dedicated ground - wouldn’t it make a lot of sense isolating my cat7 cable also?

Thanks for your inputs
    You'd be better off throwing away your Cat7 cable and using Cat6 UTP.
    Shielded ethernet cabling needs appropriate grounding.
    Without appropriate grounding the shield, and the conductive case on the RJ45 plugs injects airborne RFI into the network.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Jesper.

Hi Chris

Thanks for your speedy reply
    I’ve gone a similar rout, after your mail, just 1 up to CAT8

Thanks again

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlys View Post
    Hi Chris

Thanks for your speedy reply
    I’ve gone a similar rout, after your mail, just 1 up to CAT8

Thanks again
    So you've gone 1 worse
    Same rules apply as my previous post.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    You'd be better off throwing away your Cat7 cable and using Cat6 UTP.
    Shielded ethernet cabling needs appropriate grounding.
    Without appropriate grounding the shield, and the conductive case on the RJ45 plugs injects airborne RFI into the network.
    So the Cat6 UTP doesn't suffer from air RFI?

If a streamer is powered by a conditioner (cleaner power source) and has an ethernet (lets say cat5/6/7/8 shielded) from a router (powered by the "out of the box" router power cable) plugged into it, will the router/ethernet be feeding the streamer with unwanted 'noise'?
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

+ Reply to Thread