+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allo Digione Signature HELP PLEASE

I'm Gwyn.

Default Allo Digione Signature HELP PLEASE

My streamer has just gone intermittent on its output to the dac. When powering up it plays perfectly for 10-20 seconds then output signal cuts out? Battery fully charged and player shows music playing but no output.
    I said "I'M A LITTLE DEAF"

I'm Andrew.

Hi @friendly could you advise a little more detail about this in order to be able to isolate what is going wrong ? Firstly on the Allo Signature what two power supplies are you using ? One you indicate is battery is that powering the clean or the dirty side ? If the clean side what is powering the other dirty side ?

Secondly what distro are you using the Allo with ? Volumio , Moode ,LMS ?

I'm Gwyn.

Hi Andrew,
    The Digione has been in use trouble free for approx two years. Mains power supply to dirty side and Allo battery pack to clean side. Running Moode player.
    Music was playing normally when it stuttered for about ten seconds and then ceased completely. I could see the streaming light on my dac going on and off with the failed data stream.
    I have since loaded cards with both moode and Volumio and both show the program running correctly just no output through the digione spdif.
    As the software is loading properly and playing I believe the problem lies with the Digione board.

I’m now considering a Zen Mini replacement but don’t know if it will sound any better at considerable cost.

I'm Lawrence.

The problem could also lie with one (or both of) the spdif board power supplies. Is it USB C or micro USB? Either way do you have a couple of extra PSUs or phone chargers you can try to see if it works with those?

Worth trying the same for the pi too (I'm assuming it also has a PSU separate from the spdif board)

Failing that, if the Pi is working ok and you like the software, why not just buy a new board?

I'm Gwyn.

Hi Lawrence, yes I checked the power supplies and did a full recharge of the batteries. The software is running perfectly on both Moode and Volumio and shows the music track playing. I get a stuttering output before it stops streaming signal completely.

If I have to spend money I would prefer a neater single box solution. I’m one of those people who loses faith in a product when it fails and am always waiting for the second slipper to fall.

+ Reply to Thread