+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fs. AUDIO NOTE JAPAN KSL KONDO ‘OVERTURE’.

I'm Mark.

Default Fs. AUDIO NOTE JAPAN KSL KONDO ‘OVERTURE’.

For sale: Extremely rare and beautiful KSL KONDO OVERTURE EL34 32w Push Pull Line Level Integrated amplifier. The spec sheet which accompanies the Overture actually states 34w output.

This Overture is as if it were in The KONDO factory, looks perfect to me. I have no hesitation to say it’s in 10/10 condition. Fit, finish and engineering has to be seen to be believed. Never seen build quality like this before! Musical presentation is quite beautiful, and again, I’ve never heard anything like this before.

Prior to me buying this amazing Overture, it has been boxed and unused for three years. If you google KONDO Overture, you will find great review by Stereophile, High-fidelity, Stereo Times and Part time Audiophile. I was in touch with a European journalist who reviewed The Overture singing it’s praises. He responded by saying; “KONDO has something magic in their fingers”. I agree wholeheartedly!

I am using The Overture with UK Audio Note CD2.1X and ANJ LX speakers, finished in High Gloss Olive. The J’s look beautiful and of course, sound fab. The amp is fitted with a quad of EL34PH’s, replica’s of The original Philips EL34. The Overture’s current U.K. RRP is an astonishing £30,000!! There are currently 2 second hand Overture’s for sale, and from what I can see, both Italy I think. A MK1 at €13,000 (£11,916) and a MK11 at €14,500 (£13,291). The Overture MK1 I am selling is £9,750. This is a U.K. sale and collection ONLY from HG5. There is no way I would trust this with any courier. Payment by Bank Transfer. Serious enquiries only please and by PM.

Phil (hifinutt) has kindly offered to post some pics for me, As ever Phil, many thanks. A little patience from The Mods would be appreciated. Thanks for looking. 62.
    Last edited by Sixty2; 07-12-2020 at 16:14.

I'm Phil.

always a pleasure mark

k6 by , on Flickr

k5 by , on Flickr

k4 by , on Flickr

k3 by , on Flickr
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Justin.

I've seen Overtures at Munich in the flesh and the build quality is amazing. Better than these pictures show by a very good margin.

Lovely kit.

£10K is very good for the quality on offer. Top Alps pot in there too. I have that same pot in an Air Tight. It is excellent.

I'm Phil.

k2 by , on Flickr

k1 by , on Flickr
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mark.

Thanks to Phil for posting the pics! Also to Justin for his comments. Echoing what Justin said, engineering here is simply ‘exquisite’!

This Overture comes with full provenance: Recent email confirmation from Masaki Ashizawa (KONDO President) of it’s U.K. import date, KONDO Certificate and manual in the original folder and envelope, which is a work of art in itself!

Been up since 4.30am, so over and out.

Beautiful amp, if only I had the money for it.
    EL34 tubes are not really audio tubes and they have special sound, but again Kondo did something that no-one else could and they made it sound different from the usual EL34 sound.
    That's why all reviewers praise it so high.
    I hope it will sell quickly, for such price it is a bargain.
    László from Budapest :-)

I'm Zander.

There is some beautiful HiFi gear in these pages at AoS, but this must be the most special I have seen for a long time.

Have a bump on me.

I'm Martin.

And another bump... Mark is fastidious about his kit and I should know as my AN speakers came from him......

I'm David.

Do you know if those are Hashimoto transformers? They look like them for sure. I've just finished a 6b4g build for a client with Western Electric valves and Hashimoto txs and it sounds absolutely superb, among the best, with narry a sound from the mains tx. Hashis are used by Leben among others

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I'm Mark.

I agree, they do look like Hashimoto transformers.

However. from Art Dudley’s Stereophile ‘Listening#131’ review;

“Also contributing to the Overture’s heft are it’s custom wound Tango power and output transformers, among the amplifiers relatively few parts not made in-house”.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast