+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Bread Thread.

I'm Justin.

I think I might look for a vintage Kitchen Aid on eBay.

I will try that bagel recipe at some stage.

I'm Justin.

Oh Grant there's a very good section on gut health in the book.

Also that bread I made is very soft and despite being well done so is the crust. A baby with no teeth could eat it. I think that roux and low temp baking with the lid on for ages is responsible.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Oh Grant there's a very good section on gut health in the book.

Also that bread I made is very soft and despite being well done so is the crust. A baby with no teeth could eat it. I think that roux and low temp baking with the lid on for ages is responsible.
    its either yeast, which apparently is more of an issue than i first thought, or it may be wheat. they do say sourdough is easier, but i think it was sourdough that started my issues so im avoiding it all for now.. pasta im ok with tho oddly, although reading on nhs site they say that can be normal as its more cooked
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

I think I might look for a vintage Kitchen Aid on eBay.

I will try that bagel recipe at some stage.
    Worth every penny tbh. I’ve had mine for over twenty years and it has had a hammering (and it’s just a domestic model).

They do play the ‘lifestyle’ a bit these days but they’ve been around forever and there’s a reason why you see them in some form in every professional kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

yeah it used to be the old kenwoods. the huge, heavy ones with a dozen attachments. My mum had one, got in 60's i think and was still working 40 yrs later. i like the kitchenaid ones and their microwave, which is fairly unobtanium currently
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Yeah we had a Kenwood. Proper all metal one. The ones I see these days in Curry's just don't feel substantial enough. Too much plastic.

I'm Grant.

Ive a Bosch one, but its on its last legs tbh. As i rarely use one now i probably wont replace it. If I do it will be second hand as was the Bosch
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

So another 24 hours ferment in the fridge for the remainder of the miso and sesame sourdough.

I baked this for 30 minutes at 230 Deg C lid on, and 35 minutes lid off with the temp dropped to 180 Deg C.

No surface sesame seeds I just got pissed off with those going all over the place.

After such a long, slow ferment this dough really smelt seriously sour both before and in the oven.

Really like the looks of this one.

I'm Tony.

So another 24 hours ferment in the fridge for the remainder of the miso and sesame sourdough.

I baked this for 30 minutes at 230 Deg C lid on, and 35 minutes lid off with the temp dropped to 180 Deg C.

No surface sesame seeds I just got pissed off with those going all over the place.

After such a long, slow ferment this dough really smelt seriously sour both before and in the oven.

Really like the looks of this one.
    Ooooh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

looks very good.. not keen on surface seeds either. look good but get everywhere
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast