+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Bread Thread.

I'm Grant.

Panasonic SD-ZX2522KXC
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

I've just bought one of these..it's very good for the price...don't let the low price put you off....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morphy-Ri...cAAOSwiVJbRumj

Grants is the no.1 machine...Panasonic do make a robust comprehensive machine...price is up there though...The Morphy Richards I have is also in the top 10..according to this site...

https://www.best10rated.co.uk/bread-...6104fff41ffbc1

at the end of the day, it's like everything...you get what you pay for....

check this TOWER unit out too...it looks very like the Morphy Richards one to me...and the price is proper good

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tower-T11...4AAOSwDEhduXWl
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    I've just bought one of these..it's very good for the price...don't let the low price put you off....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morphy-Ri...cAAOSwiVJbRumj

Grants is the no.1 machine...Panasonic do make a robust comprehensive machine...price is up there though...The Morphy Richards I have is also in the top 10..according to this site...

https://www.best10rated.co.uk/bread-...6104fff41ffbc1

at the end of the day, it's like everything...you get what you pay for....

check this TOWER unit out too...it looks very like the Morphy Richards one to me...and the price is proper good

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tower-T11...4AAOSwDEhduXWl
    My last one was a pana as well. They do make good, and long lasting machines. This one is the dogs danglies I guess, and you don't really need all the stuff it can do, but thought I'd go with what I was used to.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

My last one was a Panasonic. Used it for over 25 years and it’s still going strong (for my ex).

I’ve preferred for a number of yeas now but if I do require s breadmaker, it’ll be a Psnasonic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

The only reason I would buy a bread maker is to mix dough.

If you have a Kenwood mixer or the like I really cannot recommend buying one.

However, a bread maker will cost a lot less than a mixer and mixing dough by hand is a PITA.

I have the Panasonic but I soon grew to hate it baking the bread in it. Why is that?

I got fed up of the loaves coming out looking the same shape, and the indent in the tin means you get a huge indent in the loaf. I absolutely hated that.

More reasons:

You cannot achieve a decent crust on the loaf.

You cannot play with appearance. Any form of bread art to achieve an artisan loaf type appearance is impossible.

They aren't particularly successful with sour dough.

It seems to be easier to get a failed loaf in a bread machine than a Dutch oven. You can and do get failures. See below for why.

The Panasonic Grant and I have is a nice machine. Buy only if you want a dough mixer, do not have an oven, or if you want an easy life at the expense of inferior results.

That said I am sure a cheaper than Panny bread machine will mix dough well enough.
    Last edited by User211; 23-09-2020 at 08:01.

I'm Justin.

A loaf I simply baked in a pot.

Impossible in a bread machine.

One point, though, is a bread machine will get you started and that's a really good thing. When you get pissed of with it because you want to do better it will still be useful.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    The right way up....looks rather nice...

Outstanding.

Respect!

I'm Justin.

Here are some reasons you may get a failed loaf in a bread machine.

1) You used fresh bakers yeast. The machines are designed to be used with fast acting dried yeasts. Fresh bakers yeast is not as active and will not play ball in a bread machine i.e. it won't raise the dough quick enough in the time the bread machine allows.

2) Bread machines have no sensors. They cannot therefore know how well a ferment has done. This is why sourdough will fail in a bread machine. Sour dough ferments are far too slow.

3) If your dried bread machine yeast isn't as active as it should be. Maybe it's too old.

You can't do long ferments in a bread machine to develop flavours i.e. 8 to 12 hours or more. This is actually quite a limiting factor taste wise.

So if you take your dough out and put in in a plastic container with some cling film on top, you can control the ferment period, see if the dough has risen enough, and then simply shape it and bake it in a pot or tin.

I'm Tony.

Default The Big Bread Thread.

Re: Dutch Ovens

Haven’t looked back since buying one, any round loaf is going to be cooked in it as it creates a proper ‘bakers oven’ environment that is simple and low cost.

Tip: Buy one with a flat lid. Using it upside down means it’s easier to get your loaf onto it without drama (ie third degree burns)

I usually heat the lid and pot individually in oven.

The proved loaf is waiting on a sheet of baking parchment on a pizza peel.

I take the hot Dutch oven lid out of the oven.

Slide the loaf onto the lid (including the baking parchment)

Score the loaf with a grinette or razor.

Spray with water

Put the upside down Dutch Oven onto the lid, closing everything in.

Back into the hot oven

Off we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

What I use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000LEXR..._ZyWAFbVA4SXFS

However any pot big enough will do. It really doesn't need to be cast iron. You almost certainly have something that will work in your kitchen already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast