+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Bread Thread.

I'm Grant.

Biga was nicely matured this morning. Added more strong flour and a bit of water. Wanted a soft dough.
    Rose well and looks good. Very crusty so popped a damp towel over to soften it a little
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Cooled well under the cloth. Slightly soft top now. Pity the slash I gave it healed up before the rise.
    Still that's something to work on.
    Probably only a 1/5th teaspoon of yeast in the whole 500gm of flour. Only flour and water were used. 60% bread yeast, 40% brewers yeast.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jon.

5lb loaf tin (MacBook used for scale).
    I should get a few slices from that beast..

I'm Tony.

That Eureka moment.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Jon.

Looks great!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    That Eureka moment.......

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Nice again Tony.

Groove this. Small amount of sourdough spread flat by hand, plus garlic, butter, parmesan and coriander.

Let the dough cook a bit before adding the rest on top.

Wife loves it and I must say it is good.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Cooled well under the cloth. Slightly soft top now. Pity the slash I gave it healed up before the rise.
    Still that's something to work on.
    Probably only a 1/5th teaspoon of yeast in the whole 500gm of flour. Only flour and water were used. 60% bread yeast, 40% brewers yeast.

Yeah it ignored your cut and split on the side. Odd. And unlucky.

The thing about bread is your not really fully in control. It just does what it wants to.

Deeper cut next time might tame it.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Nice again Tony.

Groove this. Small amount of sourdough spread flat by hand, plus garlic, butter, parmesan and coriander.

Let the dough cook a bit before adding the rest on top.

Wife loves it and I must say it is good.
    Ooh, that looks good. Will have to give that a go. Nice one.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Ooh, that looks good. Will have to give that a go. Nice one.

I microwaved the butter with the mashed garlic first for easy spreading. Keep the dough thin.

It's easy, quick and if you make a little extra dough for your next loaf a nice extra.

You don't need the water trough if you make sure you get butter over the entire surface.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast