+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Bread Thread.

I'm Anto.

Just my observations with my other halfs bread making skills !!
    She had none before lockdown . She now uses her modern Kenwood mixer to knead her dough for ten minutes whilst drinking her tea before milking ! (Cows you pervs in case you wondered )

She has found one of the cheapest and best bread flours is Lidl's !! No contest
    Trouble is ,the yeast does not like me that well lol
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Mmmm nice...recipe Grant??
    was just a white loaf i adapted Alan. Added extra butter and olive oil. Chopped Greek olives, and had some dried onion and oregano i moistened then added too. Smelled heavenly. Daughter said it all went quickly, including the kids. I did a sofish crust but you could easily toughen that up.

oh i sprinkled some wholewheat flour and sesame seeds on top before the bake.. and put the olives in half way through the beat
    Last edited by struth; 05-10-2020 at 08:35.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    was just a white loaf i adapted Alan. Added extra butter and olive oil. Chopped Greek olives, and had some dried onion and oregano i moistened then added too. Smelled heavenly. Daughter said it all went quickly, including the kids. I did a sofish crust but you could easily toughen that up.

oh i sprinkled some wholewheat flour and sesame seeds on top before the bake.. and put the olives in half way through the beat
    Excellent...I'll be giving that a run out....Mmmmmmm
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Grant.

going to experiment with beer yeast again.. i did this years ago .. its a bit like sourdough lol.. i used to make whats known as a biga
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Brand new sourdough culture at 3 days+ showing good signs of life.

Water. Flour. Nothing else but magic!

I'm Tony.

Sacrificed Dutch Oven ‘bloom’ for convenience on this one.

50% white flour, 50% wheat, rye, barley & wheat flakes mix.

Dough mixed in Kitchenaid while I was getting breakfast.

Pre-shaped by hand.

Shaped by hand then put in banneton to prove.

Cooked on hot tray at 190c fan with roasting dish of boiling water underneath for 35mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Looks good glad to see you using your KitchenAid!

They do bake flatter without a Dutch oven don't they? It's a style so what the heck. I like a flat loaf sometimes. I don't use bannetons though. Never liked them too much hassle and mess.

Gonna use that sour dough starter above for an overnight ferment tonight.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Looks good glad to see you using your KitchenAid!

They do bake flatter without a Dutch oven don't they? It's a style so what the heck. I like a flat loaf sometimes. I don't use bannetons though. Never liked them too much hassle and mess.

Gonna use that sour dough starter above for an overnight ferment tonight.
    Thanks, I used to use the KA all the time but if it’s in a cupboard it doesn’t get used. I’ve made space for it so expect to use it a lot more from now on.

I quite like using the banneton tbh. It has to be a loaf with a dry skin though otherwise it’s a real pain in the arse to get out.

Re: the Dutch Oven, when not using it,I can see the steam being pushed through the top seal do it’s obviously not going to be a nice steamy environment. With a DO, you just know it’s going to be magic when you take the lid off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Well let's see how this does. Minimal hand mixing maybe 2 minutes.

Was gonna put some gram flour in but maybe next loaf. This is pure posh white flour.

Banneton - I just don't like cleaning them. Something feels wrong doing it, though I do appreciate many bakers love them.

I'm Grant.

will be making some sodabread, or farls in next few days as i managed to get some nice buttermilk.. its nicer with buttermilk tbh.
    still got a biga to make but not been fit enough of late.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast