+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome to EWA and ABCaudio

I'm Alan.

Default Welcome to EWA and ABCaudio

Hi, Welcome. I am Alan, a friend of Colin Wonfor. He is EWA, I am ABCaudio. I run a web-shop called https://www.abcaudio.biz/ where I advertise, sell and assemble EWA designed cables. The EWA amplifiers are built by Colin himself. Both enterprises are based around two friends hand building the best audio equipment possible.

Who is Colin Wonfor?

Col is my dear friend, a fascinating character and audio designer of acclaim as well as a chemist and a power supplies expert. Colin has worked in many fascinating areas, quite a few he won't be permitted to speak about. One of my favorites was his design for a three phase power amplifier which is designed to pressure test aircraft fuselages. Another cool thing is he designed the quietest switching power supply ever, which is now installed in the I.S.S. In fact, he did a fair bit of work for NASA.

Colin was the man behind AC Magnum amplifiers in the seventies - mostly class A MOSFET beasts that are still going strong. People use them to power big Apogee ribbons.

Then he went on to set up Inca Tech, where he was the first to commercially gold plate mains plugs and sockets. He designed the famous Claymore amplifier, over twenty seven thousand were sold. There were also some wonderful class A amplifiers under the name ID (Inca Designs).

Later came TOCA SECA where he designed the largest Single Ended Class A amplifiers ever built, at 300W RMS true class A. Colin designs the best SECA amplifiers in the world, in my view.

His worked on cable design gained some attention when he co-founded Tellurium Q, an audio cable company. His designs, which are complex, well thought out and quite unique - an example of true lateral thinking - went on to win many awards. He was treated very poorly in my view and lost his stake in the company after they became successful. There is quite a lot written on the internet about this sad episode. Some would say it is just business. I say it stinks.

So here is EWA, a showcase for Colin's latest designs. The cables and amplifiers in the EWA range are unlike anything else available today, and the cables especially are a step change from Colin's previous achievements. He is rightly very proud of these. Then there are the amplifiers, all hand-built to order. They are his babies, and every one - from the tiny Q-20 to the massive M-100 - will astonish with their pure musicality. They represent the pinnacle of analogue audio design and engineering.

Find out a little about Colin Wonfor here, at ABCaudio: https://www.abcaudio.biz/colinwonfor
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 08-09-2021 at 16:14. Reason: incorrect link
    https://www.abcaudio.biz/. Representing EWA audio designs by Colin Wonfor

I'm Colin.

Pop over to see peoples thoughts.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...3#post-4458271

I'm Phil.

yes , seen that thread . looks good , lots of enthusiasm
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Pete.

Hi Alan

Does your website actually have content?

If "Yes" then I guess the coding needs looking into as absolutely no content is visible using my browser - User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; Warp 4.5; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0 SeaMonkey/2.42.9esr

While I was typing the above https://www.abcaudio.biz/ has loaded a page telling me that "Your Browser Is No Longer Supported".
    Shame as it is the latest available for my system.

Well, you may have some wonderful products to display that may be of interest to me but as your website does not work for me I guess I will never know.

Regards

Pete

I'm Colin.

Hi Pete,

Just clicked on the link you show and it works first time.

Col

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

It does for me too (Chrome 93) but the link to the "About EWA" was wrong Colin, it should be: https://www.abcaudio.biz/colinwonfor (I will edit the original post now.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Colin.

Default ABCaudio and Wonfor

Today after a long sad think I sent Mr Brown this, I will no longer be working with him.

I have told Alan Brown due to his very poor contact with me, to remove me and my designs from his web page. He has kept me in the dark for over a year and enough is enough. And with no explanation as to why.
    No Royalties paid for a long while and customers let down.

+ Reply to Thread