+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big up Loz (HackneyRF)

I'm Robert.

Default Big up Loz (HackneyRF)

Met our very own Loz - HackneyRF earlier this morning.

He kindly brought a cd player over for me from St Leonards on Sea.

We didn't have an awful lot of time as he had to meet a friend and I had the usual Saturday commitments, errands etc but we did get enough time to talk hifi - (be rude not to )

Unfortunately he didn't get the pleasure of the SP-10 MK2 and what the Cadenza Black-Fritz Gyger S can do as my tonearm vta adjust does not have a vta lock mechanism which came later on the vta system on the SL1200/1210.

It's a PITA and something I'm scratching my head with regards to how to resolve. There is a night and day difference between a properly set up FGS stylus profile and one with it's vta out so there was no point letting him here it sounding out and cr&p, no point at all.

Either way, was proper nice to meet Loz / another top AOSer and I'll invite him back, if I ever get round this blinking vta dropping out issue

I need to send the man Angus Phonomac a line. I've a few things to put to him in that regard and if anyone will be able to advise it will be him
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Ian.

I to have had the pleasure of Loz's company and he is a thoroughly nice chap. He came here to pick a turntable up and unfortunately I couldn't play any music as I'd only moved in a few days before and the hifi (and most other stuff) was still packed in boxes. Hopefully once the covid situation improves he will be able to do a return visit.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Loz.

Thanks fellas

Yes, really enjoyed meeting you both. Good to make connections with people I think. I was chatting with my friend about the fact that Rob placed trust in a relative stranger to safely pick up and drop off an expensive piece of kit to him via a HiFi forum. He found it fascinating that such a level of trust could be found on a social media platform. He feels there is some behavioral research to be had there!

I have to say a lot of of the technical stuff you folks talk about goes over my head. However over the last 5 years since joining AoS I've learnt a fair bit more about this game which in turn has helped me slowly tweak my set up. I thank you all for that. Just need to win the lottery now to pay for that end game set up!

I'm Robert.

Nice one Loz, Thankfully guys like yourself and others here, are a reminder that despite all the negative stuf we hear and going on around us, there are still an untold amount of good and decent folk in this world - I always tell and remind my wife, son and daughters of that.

Re: your last sentence, I've been trying to achieve the 'end game', 'draw a line under it' stage for longer than I care to remember now, and to date, that remains as illusive as ever. It's been a never ending cycle of one step forward, two back, joy, pain and currently that's where I'm at again - stuck!

BUT, I've always been an optimist and a hopeful soul and believe I'll get there, somehow, someway, one day, regardless of any obstacles, issues or difficulties and when I finally get there, whenever that might be, you're more than welcome Loz (and anyone else) to come and have a good old listen. Might be a while though, the way things a looking
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Paul.

Hello Loz,

Just to echo Ian's and Rob's comments, yes it was wonderful to meet you the other week when you called to collect Rob's CD player, and we played a few tunes, and thank you once again for leaving the CD for the wife. We actually quite enjoy playing it. It is also good to know that you are just on my doorstep so like Rob, should you or anyone wish to call in and listen to any tunes of any genre then feel free to do so, once this awful COVID-19 virus is behind us.

HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm brian.

Yup, met him as well. One of those people you meet and trust straight away, like a member of your own family. Hope yer good mate.

I'm Loz.

Cheers Paul and Brian. Good to meet you and your wife Paul. Long time Brian. I still have a bunch of classical records in the basement with your name on them!

+ Reply to Thread