+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most difficult musical instrument for Hi Fi Systems to reproduce ?

I'm Chris.

Default Most difficult musical instrument for Hi Fi Systems to reproduce ?

IMO its the piano, there is a lot to understand about audio systems, if the piano as a specific instrument is listened to.

The piano of course disguises to a degree what is causing it to do what it does, as it is percussive.

What instrument would you say is the most difficult, for HiFi Systems ?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Pipe organ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    IMO its the piano, there is a lot to understand about audio systems, if the piano as a specific instrument is listened to.

The piano of course disguises to a degree what is causing it to do what it does, as it is percussive.

What instrument would you say is the most difficult, for HiFi Systems ?
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Pipe organ!
    Interesting choice ! Hymns Organs spheres by Keith Jarrett explores that instruments boundaries - have you heard that piece ?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

No, i havent heard that piece Chris.
    Pipe organ is a very difficult instrument for a hi-fi system to reproduce for one paticular reason and that is; its capability to reproduce very low frequency with such power, and virocity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Interesting choice ! Hymns Organs spheres by Keith Jarrett explores that instruments boundaries - have you heard that piece ?
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

Without question: the human voice!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Without question: the human voice!
    Nah it's not full range enough and therefore not a real challenge.

To be really challenging it needs to be very full range.

Stand next to a real drum kit and then go and listen to most hi-fi systems do it. The dynamics on real drums are absolutely incredible. And they're very full range.

Note most hi-fi systems can sound good just playing drums but they are nowhere near the real thing.

I'm Geoff.

It is not just about dynamic range with the human voice. It is about micro detail, timbre and that "x-factor". We all know what a human voice sounds like and (for me certainly) are very sensitive to when it sounds "off".

I'm Lloyd.

Following on from the Pipe organ ....i'm going to add Bagpipes which to my ears sound completely different in real life to any recorded music i've heard

I'm Tony.

It is not just about dynamic range with the human voice. It is about micro detail, timbre and that "x-factor". We all know what a human voice sounds like and (for me certainly) are very sensitive to when it sounds "off".
    +1 on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Yeah I take that point, but I still think what I said.

My 1963 Scott 350 valve tuner does voices through my speakers better than any other source I have ever owned. It's crazy good, if larger than life through some large planars.

Voices through stereo speakers always sound wrong, though. Easy to understand why.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast