+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ayre QB-9DSD DAC

I'm Anthony.

Default Ayre QB-9DSD DAC

Ayre QB-9DSD USB DAC in Black , vgc original box & instructions , RRP £2500 brought from elite audio last year at £950 s/h with one years guarantee , this was sent back to Elite audio last month as it had a light hum from transformer , they fixed it and sent back and i sold by me to a wammer for £750 , i then refunded him as the hum returned , elite are looking into this for me , how ether the guarantee run out so they may remove them selves from responsibility , the hum is not audible through speakers , nor when playing music , it is faint in the room when quite , i put a paper weight on top over the transformer area and it quiets it down so you have to really listen for it up close but it is still there , there are some blurb on the web about this from other owners , apparently its common in this actual model , some people suggest getting transformer replaced which this supposedly has been done by Elite although they failed to send me the repair paperwork for it , but Ayre has also suggested that its due to 2 transformers within it and you just have to live with it , i have for a year but now selling my whole system so am offering this at £500 plus delivery or collection from PL329PS .

I'm Anthony.

file:///C:/Users/clare/Downloads/Elite%20Audio%20R50%2006082020.pdf

this is the reciept for the repair including the outcome

I'm Anthony.

Withdrawn from sale

+ Reply to Thread