+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles on Tour Once Again

I'm ChrisB.

Default The Beatles on Tour Once Again

I met this guy in the garden earlier today. He didn't say whether he was John, Paul, George or Ringo........or even the other one.

Almost bigger than Jesus!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I met this guy in the garden earlier today. He didn't say whether he was John, Paul, George or Ringo........or even the other one.

Almost bigger than Jesus!

If this is your attempt to have one of your photographs included in the new AoS banner, you'll have to do a lot better!

Not bigger than Jesus - but almost as big as a 50p coin. What did you do to the poor sod in the second picture?

Regards
    Barry

I'm InSpace.

The beetle is an overrated insect. It was designed millions of years ago to burrow into the ground and eat dung!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

If this is your attempt to have one of your photographs included in the new AoS banner, you'll have to do a lot better!

Not bigger than Jesus - but almost as big as a 50p coin. What did you do to the poor sod in the second picture?

Regards
    Haha!
    The dog was chasing it around the garden. It was bouncing around off bushes & walls as it was flying - both sounding and looking a little like a Chinook helicopter.
    The dog whacked it with his paw & it landed on it's back whereupon I snapped that picture.
    I flipped it over & it started walking at a huge rate of knots across the surface it was on. I took about 30 photos before I got one that was steady(ish) & sort of in focus (it was getting pretty dark by then).

Dare I even mention that these beasts are called 'Cockchafers'?!!

Apparently, kids used to attach threads to them & fly them like control line model planes!

I'm InSpace.

Dare I even mention that these beasts are called 'Cockchafers'?!!
    I dread to think why!
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm ChrisB.

Well, if it was given the opportunity to chafe there, I expect it bloody well would!!

I learnt that they're pretty damaging to crops & having spent the last few weeks nurturing several species of dinner, we didn't want the bastard eating it before we got a chance to. I tried to crush it under a small sheet of stiff plastic. It was almost bleedin' indestructable!
    At one point I put the plastic thing over it & whacked it really hard with my fist & the little sod shot out across the patio like a bullet.
    The old Size 11 sorted it eventually.
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 17-07-2010 at 01:06.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I dread to think why!
    Try getting one trapped inside yer bell-end!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

having spent the last few weeks nurturing several species of dinner, we didn't want the bastard eating it before we got a chance to.
    I recognise the problem!

Our own 'crops' are being merrily munched away at by various 'soft bodied critters'... although they are much easier to dispatch, the sheer quantities of the little buggers is an issue!
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The beetle is an overrated insect. It was designed millions of years ago to burrow into the ground and eat dung!
    Touché
    Barry

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Try getting one trapped inside yer bell-end!

Marco.
    How the bloody hell might THAT happen?!?

PLEASE... do not answer that!
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast