+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy

I'm Chris.

Default Howdy

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris and I am a music lover and audio enthusiast.
    My dad got me into hifi with his eclectic music collection and classic hifi setup of Marantz CD63, Pioneer A400 and Heybrook HB2s.
    Im currently running a mainly Audio Note setup with heavily modded Oto SE and 2.1x Signature DAC as well as a stock CDT Zero. My speakers are T+A Spectrum ADL IIIs which have rebuilt crossovers.
    I love swapping cables in my system as well as trying DIY stuff too.
    All my music is on silver discs and i listen to a variety of stuff including jazz, fusion, blues, rock and metal. Love going to live performances too.
    I have been playing bass guitar for about 20 years, i also restore bass guitars.
    I have been a member of hifi wigwam for about 6 years and even exhibited at their Scalford shows twice. I fell out of touch with that forum until last month - the vibe has definitely changed so i thought i would pop over here and see what this forum is all about.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Chris. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the fun and get chatting with the members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Chris. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the fun and get chatting with the members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    thanks Geoff. BTW, I am not spamming the classifieds - I am moving country in the next 2 months so I am selling all but the components of my main system as my whole layout will have to be adapted to the new room. I have just made a contribution to your forum as I dont think it's fair to use your classifieds section without supporting the forum.

I'm Phil.

ah thats a nice gesture chris , hoping the move goes well
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Chris,

Yes, feel free to advertise your unwanted gear here in the Private Exhibitions section. All we ask is that you carefully read and comply with the rules and requirements for sellers; including the provision of acceptable photographs. Thank you for your contribution - an appreciated gesture.

Good luck with the sales, and with your forthcoming move. To where are you moving?

Keep in touch after your move.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Chris.

thank you Barry and you are very welcome - it's a great looking forum and I'm happy to be a part of it.
    Yes I had a couple of teething issues re the photos but no Ive got the hang of it thank you.
    I am moving to Germany - roughly half way between Cologne and Frankfurt - lovely part of the world and there is a very lovely young lady there waiting for me

+ Reply to Thread