+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Rig for Astro Imaging

I'm Grant.

you ever got a picture of the iss yet tony?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Can you set the motor to follow it?

I'm Tony.

It’s pretty fast moving so you need to set up especially if you want a decent shot.

My setup is a bit too widefield in current configuration.

In principle, I could probably have a go but it’s a lot of effort for something that isnt really on my target list at the mo’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Have been concentrating on the newly appearing targets in Cygnus.

Veil Nebula

The Dumbbell Nebula

The Butterfly

The Crescent Nebula

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

impressive..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Some great images here. Well done. One of my friends does things like this, though for some reason he's taken a branch line into spectrometry/spectroscopy.

I had thought of getting kit myself, but mosly the weather in the UK is not favourable, though my friend had some good images taken from within Sheffield boundaries - with filters, stacking etc. Now I hear that the kit has been relocated to France, and he may be able to access it via t'Internet! Last time I heard he'd more or less given up going out into the cold, but rather controlled the telescopes, sensors etc. from the much warmer indoors.
    Dave

I'm Tony.

Thanks!

The biggest issue in the UK is definitely the weather. You have to be setup and ready to go at a minute’s notice.

My setup is limited in it’s view hut I can be up and imaging from the comfort of my sofa pretty much from the time it takes to to switch on the power and take the cover off the scope.

The cover I use is a Telegizmo 365, proven in extreme climates worldwide.

I'm Tony.

As I’m completely happy with my system these days, I’m left with no option but to post here!

Here’s a couple of recent captures.

To be honest, I do feel my processing has matured a bit over the last year. I’m now starting to explore techniques like combining broadband (RGB) stars with Narrowband nebula images, using separate Star Layers (stripped out with a neural-network type program called starnet++)

Haven’t gone over to the dark side (Pixinsight) yet, I still prefer to use ‘arty-farty’ Photoshop.

Here’s an example of a two-session image (Narrowband for the nebula, RGB for the stars).
    This technique gives a ‘best of both worlds’, combined rich nebula colours with natural star colours.

The Elephant Trunk Nebula.

I'm Grant.

its like a woman appearing from a smokescreen, and a few evil guys running to right i know, i must get out more

very good anyway, i love it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its like a woman appearing from a smokescreen, and a few evil guys running to right i know, i must get out more

very good anyway, i love it.
    Ha ha! Seek help Grant!
    Cheers! T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567