+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Rig for Astro Imaging

I'm Grant.

take it its the sensor thats cooled?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    take it its the sensor thats cooled?
    Yes Grant, the camera uses a Peltier cooling system for the chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Paul.

It's the processing part afterwards that has put me off so far. Do you use deep sky stacker or another software package?

I see some 'fiddle' with the image before stacking and others saying the manipulation should only be done afterwards. I get the how and why you stack it's just the know how to get to the final image that seems the difficult part?!

How long do you spend on the PC after collecting all the images you want?

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Tony.

It's definitely a game of two halves Paul. The processing is just as big a source of frustration and learning as the capture.

I have used Deep Sky Stacker before but my preference is Astro Pixel Processor, which IMHO give much better control over the process and better results, albeit with a quite intimidating user interface. Having said that, it is set up so that it's defaults give good results and there are plenty of video tutorials available.

After stacking or integration, the processing side is generally split into two camps, Pixinsight and Photoshop, although some imagers use both to some extent. Pixinsight is designed by and for astroimagers but has a steep learning curve, Photoshop, some would argue, has more a more comprehensive toolset and flexibility. It's entirely subjective in my view, use the tools you are most comfortable with. I'm under no delusion that what I am doing is scientific, I'm (hopefully) making pretty pictures and will use whatever assists in that endeavour. :-)

Generally it will take me between 1/2 to 1 full day to process an image, depending on the complexity (single image or combined integration).

There are a lot of similarities with Hifi, I've found. Objectivists and Subjectivists, the constant need to purchase more kit, the constant disatisfaction with the end result.

Tony
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Have you ever thought of selling some of your astrophotographs as prints? I'm sure there would be some who would love to have them up on the walls.
    Barry

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Have you ever thought of selling some of your astrophotographs as prints? I'm sure there would be some who would love to have them up on the walls.
    I’d given it some superficial thought Barry but wasn’t really sure how much of a pain it would be right now. Certainly happy to provide the odd prints (preferably acrylic as they’re the best value I think) at a nominal admin cost if anyone is interested?

Tony

I'm Tony.

Latest images…

This is The Wall (to be said in a Danny Dyer voice) in Cygnus, processed in the SHO (Hubble palette).

I'm Grant.

looks like a cloud lol.. great image tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Excellent pic. How much data collected for that one?

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Tony.

Cheers!

This is actually a composite of a two hour 'narrowband' image capturing Hydorgen Alpha and Oxygen III, together with the stars extracted from a normal 1 hour RGB capture.

I still haven't sorted it properly yet, as I went 'snowblind' processing it last night :-)

Tony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast