+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Rig for Astro Imaging

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Tony.

Default New Rig for Astro Imaging

As well as listening to choons and making sourdough during these strange lockdown times I’ve taken the opportunity, while limited to my balcony, of refining a new ultra-portable imaging rig for Astro Imaging.

Not unlike my hifi, there’s a Raspberry Pi at the core, controlling everything via bluetooth to my phone.

The telescope has been confined to storage until I have a permanent, garden-based observatory. In the meantime, I have a slick new rig that’s even colour coordinated.

I have used this opportunity (not helped by having a slipped disc) to refine the setup using 3 great photographic lenses to cover everything that the telescope can’t in terms of wide-field imaging.

A Samyang 14mm for ultra widefield
    A Canon ‘nifty fifty’ 50mm f1.8 for widefield
    And the star of the show, the ultra sharp Samyang 135mm f2 for large deep space objects like Orion Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy and Cygnus area.

Still getting to grips with all of this but here’s some shots I’ve been taking while I’ve been quiet on the forum...

The new rig with Samyang 135mm and custom built fine focus.

Heart & Soul Nebula

The Andromeda Galaxy

The Veil Nebula Complex

The North America Nebula

The Sadr region of constellation Cygnus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mightymonoped; 14-09-2020 at 23:30.
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread