+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale Firebottle 'Dulci' Single Ended Class A Valve Amplifier

I'm Martin.

Default For Sale Firebottle 'Dulci' Single Ended Class A Valve Amplifier

Built by Alan 'Firebottle' from an early 1960s tube monoblock this is a single ended class A power amplifier outputting 8 watts.

It has the sweet, spacious and captivating sound you would expect from such a design. If you have always fancied Audionote or similar but can't or won't spend that kind of money then this is for you. It doesn't look so pretty but it's got it where it counts.

It works well with both active and passive pre-amplifiers.

Previous buyer had to drop out due to change of circumstances so this is already double-boxed and ready to go with all valves (some Mullards) removed and wrapped separately.

Asking £200 plus £20 delivery (it is small but heavy) - I can post it out to you tomorrow morning if you act fast. Or you can collect, I'm just a couple of minutes from junction 15 M6.

Pictures:

upload photo url free

upload photo url free

upload photo url free

I also have turntables, amplifiers and loudspeakers for sale at prices so low you'd think I've suffered brain damage - PM for details.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I bet that's a lot of fun .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm julian.

Hi Martin,
    What compliment of valves are used - fraud I can't make them out from the pictures, and what's the lowest sensivity speakers that it's happy to drive ?
    Kind regards,
    J
    PS Audio Directstream DAC, modified Dennon DVD player, SP10, Trans Fi linear tracker, Stack audio streamer
    1980's Aloia 6L6 prototype, Cat's Whiskers Autum Leaves 300 B mono blocks, Definative Audio modded Rogue 88 Magmum 6550. Firebottle LDR battery pre. Classe 103, Herron VT2
    RFC Tannoy Cheviot's,Wilmslow Audio modified Chario Academy Millenium II's,Frankenstein DIY's, Oris Onken horns, Fostek full range drivers
    Ripnas etc

I'm Martin.

it uses 2 x EL84 valves and one other which is the rectifier or something but I don't know what type that is.

I've used it successfully with some vintage 94dB speakers and got acceptable levels in a large room. It won't hard clip, it just gets slightly mushy if you push it. But for high levels in a big room you'd want over 100db sensitive horns I think.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Alan.

2 x EL84, 2 x PCC85. Choke filtered CLC, all new capacitors.

I'm Martin.

Thanks Alan.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Now sold.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Philip.

Very much enjoying this with the ref 3m de capo i.

Bit of a steal at the price.
    And in the flesh, i quite like the look of the thing.

Very pleased.

I'm Alan.

Excellent Philip. If you ever have any problems (unlikely as I don't like running components hard) then get in touch.

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Excellent Philip. If you ever have any problems (unlikely as I don't like running components hard) then get in touch.
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

Great work by the way.
    Cute little thing that sounds very good indeed.

And i like the blue light, to tell me when it is on.
    Stops me knackering the valves.

+ Reply to Thread