+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Sansui AU555A Solid State Vintage Integrated Amplifier - Wonderful Condition

I'm Russell.

Default FS: Sansui AU555A Solid State Vintage Integrated Amplifier - Wonderful Condition

Another difficult one for me to move on but it’s not getting used and I have bills to pay...

I bought this earlier in the year as a foray into the Vintage sound and definitely wasn’t disappointed. Unfortunately about 2 weeks after getting it I had a once in a lifetime on a Marantz PM4 I couldn’t refuse so ever since this has sat on the shelf and deserves to be used.

A lovely little thing which has clearly been cared for all its life, indeed having an overhaul in April 2018 at the cost of over £200 including 26 new capacitors and modern day banana plugs for speaker cable.

Comes with its original schematic diagram also.

The wooden casework (as well as fascia and knobs) is in amazing condition with just one small dent I’ve tried to take photos of.

Really sad to see this go but as I say needs must do looking for £400 delivered to UK or alternatively would look into a swap for a DAC with a bit of cash either way so what do you have?

I'm Robert.

My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Russell.

Bumping this lovely piece of vintage Audiophillia

I'm Russell.

***SOLD***

+ Reply to Thread