+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilmslow Audio

I'm Rob.

Hi David,

Thanks for the info mate. I would certainly be ensuring bracing was good on the way through the build, nice to hear that they sound good. I'd probably upgrade the crossover components where suitable.
    Main system:
    Ben Duncan Mains Conditioner > Mac mini running Fidelia / Samsung 55” TV > Audioquest Crimson USB / QED Reference Optical Quartz > Leema Acoustics Elements DAC > Chord Clearway XLRs > AD Audio bespoke balanced valve buffer stage (oiw) > Chord Clearway XLRs > Bel Canto Ref500S > Chord Clearway speaker cable with Clearway jumpers > B&W 683s > Emotosound Air Motion Ribbon Supertweeters > Audioquest SLiP Neutrik Speakon > BK Double Gem sub

I'm Martin.

Hi Rob
    I had and enjoyed a pair of WA Home Studio Monitors for many year on the end of SS and valve gear but with a bespoke cabinet and stand

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...atching-stands

My only criticism was that when they went back for a complete crossover upgrade it took rather a long time...............
    Tangerine LP12,Naim Aro, Benz Wood
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP100 MC
    SiriuS D100
    Quad FM4,RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Ian.

I'm wondering, from your original post, if you're open to the thought of other kit options, besides the Wilmslow Prestige? I have nothing against Wilmslow incidentally - it's just that there are other interesting options out there.

For example there are Troels Gravesen's designs. At the price of the Prestige you could build something like the ATS-4. (See here for the design and here for the kit.) No cabinets (or even flat-packs) are available, mind you.

Another kit that intrigues me, at a lower price level, is the Philharmonic BMR monitor designed by Dennis Murphy. There's some info about it here. It would mean buying a kit of drivers/crossover from the US, and building a cabinet from scratch.

If none of that appeals, or you've already settled on the Prestige please ignore this post.
    Last edited by irb; 14-09-2020 at 10:56.

I'm Rob.

Wow, those are very nice. Unfortunately I simply don’t have the tools to build from scratch. They are jolly handsome though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12