+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Silviu

I'm Silviu.

Default Hi from Silviu

Hello.
    My name is Silviu Laurian Gavrilut, I live in the city of Brașov (Kronstadt), Romania. I am 50 years old, I am an engineer by profession, and my main passions are: photographic art, music (I'm a music lover), trekking, aquaristics.
    In high school, I was mainly passionate about rock and classical music. My favorite rock bands were: King Krimson, Jethro Tull, Gentle Giant, Soft Machine, The Nice, Pink Floyd (especially Pink Floyd at Pompeii), Led Zeppelin, Yes, Genesis, Supertramp, Gong, Emerson Lake And Palmer, Manfred Mann , Renaissance, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Frank Zappa, Colosseum, Blood Sweat & Tears, The Who, Ten Years After, etc.
    A special chapter from my experiences with rock music meant Italian progressive rock music. I still like the bands: Celeste, Locanda Delle Fate, New Trolls, Le Orme, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Fruupp, I Gianti, Il Balletto Di Bronzo, Il Rovescio Della Medaglia, Metamorfosi, Museo Rosenbach, Premiata Forneria Marconi, Quella Vechia Locanda , Semiramis.
    In parallel, we listened to classical music, discovering, at that time, Beethoven's quartets.
    As time went on, I liked rock music less and less.
    At the moment I listen mainly to classical music.
    There are times when I feel like listening to King Krimson's Island or another rock album, but most of the time I prefer to continue discovering baroque and classical music.
    Regarding the audio equipment, I currently have the following devices:
    Ayon Spirit 3 amplifier, DIY Aleph amplifier, Higher Fidelity EQ-3003 MV-2 phono preamplifier, Restek Vector line preamplifier, Roksan Radius pickup, Sony A1800 pickup, Yamaha S2100 CD player, Parasound DP 1000 CD player, Triangle Lyrr speakers .
    Regarding my passion for photography, I still put the address of my photo site: http://www.laurianphotography.com. For viewing, a quality monitor is preferable and it is important to watch with sound.
    In the hope of having as pleasant and constructive dialogues as possible, I am at your disposal with other aspects related to my passion for music.
    Let's hear only good things.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Hello Silviu, and welcome.

Thanks for your informative first post, nice to have you here. Enjoy the forum!

I'm Geoff.

Hi Silviu. Welcome to AOS.

We have members who are also involved with photography and post some nice pictures.

Join in the chat there's a lot going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Silviu.

Looks like you enjoy the some of the cream of the rock and progressive rock groups of the '60s and '70s.

Excellent and very interesting first post. Looks like you enjoy the some of the cream of the rock and progressive rock groups of the '60s and '70s.

Nice collection of audio gear you have there, though the Sony A1800 pickup is unknown to me. Is it a cartridge or an arm? Also, what turntable do you use?

We have a few Members here who are keen photographers. I used to dabble in it: mostly travel photography using Leica M3 and M4 rangefinder cameras. But since the advent of digital photography, and with the demise of Kodak, sadly I have lost interest.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread