+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rexton's Rebooted SC35C project

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Hi Andy, glad it's hitting the spot. I too have a jico sas but with a saphire cantilever. It represents great value in my opinion and yes it is different from the nos styli but i think it has it's place with the right type of music (i find it fantastic with atmospheric ambient electronica).

Just be careful if having a session whilst drinking! It has one hell of a thin cantilever
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    Hi Andy, glad it's hitting the spot. I too have a jico sas but with a saphire cantilever. It represents great value in my opinion and yes it is different from the nos styli but i think it has it's place with the right type of music (i find it fantastic with atmospheric ambient electronica).

Just be careful if having a session whilst drinking! It has one hell of a thin cantilever
    Hi Darren, yep the SC35C is a star performer and one i'd been mucking around with before Marco went on his voyage of discovery. My own SC35C project never really took off but I'm now very well stocked up. I have the JICO neoSAS/B stylus and a NOS Shure stylus. I've had a real bloody nightmare with a ground loop hum which I've now managed to eradicate but I really do need to work a little more on the Garrard 301 as I'm still getting quite an amount of Hum through the speakers and whilst I can't hear it whilst music is playing I'm sure it's having a negative effect on the music. I'm happy to report back that the SC35C needs a decent MM phonostage with plenty of gain and the correct capacitance loading, it's easily better than many carts costing north of £1K. Mines not properly setup yet and it still sounds pretty darn fine! I'll post some pictures later.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Hi Darren, yep the SC35C is a star performer and one i'd been mucking around with before Marco went on his voyage of discovery. My own SC35C project never really took off but I'm now very well stocked up. I have the JICO neoSAS/B stylus and a NOS Shure stylus. I've had a real bloody nightmare with a ground loop hum which I've now managed to eradicate but I really do need to work a little more on the Garrard 301 as I'm still getting quite an amount of Hum through the speakers and whilst I can't hear it whilst music is playing I'm sure it's having a negative effect on the music. I'm happy to report back that the SC35C needs a decent MM phonostage with plenty of gain and the correct capacitance loading, it's easily better than many carts costing north of £1K. Mines not properly setup yet and it still sounds pretty darn fine! I'll post some pictures later.
    It is indeed a star performer, which is why i've been using it the last 8 years with great pleasure and only very recently buying an SPU just to hear what an MC could do as i've never heard one before.

Ground loops are a pita but glad you have mostly got rid of it. I've recieved my loading plugs today (same as Marco mentions) and yes they do tidy things up nicely. I've never heard a £1K cart and probably never will
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Andrew.

Stick with your SC35c and you won't need a £1k cart
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

This project has had more set backs than BREXIT. I now think that the tonearm has lost its intrinsic earthing, it hums like a bugger. So the sc35c has only been used once. Ahh ho-hum, this is what you get for running a vintage rig, so now I guess it's either the 401 or the 1210 to spin vinyl.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12