+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audio Innovations P2 Phono Stage - tube rolling noobie

I'm Mark.

Default Audio Innovations P2 Phono Stage - tube rolling noobie

I've finally got an Audio Innovations P2. I'm one week in and enjoying it immensely.

Now of course, I'm wondering about tube rolling and wondering exactly where I will get the best bang per buck, rolling the valves in the signal path? The valve layout in my P2 is:

My inclination is the v3 the ECC83 followed by the v4 ECC82 and then v1 & v2. Is this correct? If not what would you suggest?

Please suggest some reasonably priced options and possible reliable sources.

I'm Alan.

Your inclination sounds spot on. V1 and V2 won't affect the sound much.

You could try Watford Valves, they usually have a good selection. DO NOT fit a 5751 in V3 position as it is not an equivalent, whatever you might read.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyGibbon View Post
    I've finally got an Audio Innovations P2. I'm one week in and enjoying it immensely.

Now of course, I'm wondering about tube rolling and wondering exactly where I will get the best bang per buck, rolling the valves in the signal path? The valve layout in my P2 is:

My inclination is the v3 the ECC83 followed by the v4 ECC82 and then v1 & v2. Is this correct? If not what would you suggest?

Please suggest some reasonably priced options and possible reliable sources.
    What have you got it plugged into? I mean what is your main amp?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mark.

The pre-amp is a Quad Artera Play+.
    Last edited by FunkyGibbon; 03-12-2022 at 11:57.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Your inclination sounds spot on. V1 and V2 won't affect the sound much.

You could try Watford Valves, they usually have a good selection. DO NOT fit a 5751 in V3 position as it is not an equivalent, whatever you might read.
    Thanks Firebottle, I’ll check them out.

+ Reply to Thread