+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GrooveMaster S-Shaped Tonearm

I'm Hugo.

Default GrooveMaster S-Shaped Tonearm

I will shortly have stocks of the new GrooveMaster 9" S-Shaped arm, built specially for us around Jelco geometry, so this arm is a direct drop-in replacement for any Jelco 9" arm with 214mm spindle-pivot distance. Since it is still a GrooveMaster, complete with the same titanium arm tube and silver wiring as other GrooveMasters (which I sell too), it's a great performer and in truth sits in a sound quality bracket much higher than the now defunct, but decent, Jelco TK-850 and TK-950 models. It really is a classy performer, with around 22g effective mass that means it work best with SPUs and other medium/low compliance cartridges.

This s-shaped arm tube looks elegant, which is largely why it was designed, and it goes very well on Technics SL-1200 turntables using my modular machined SL-1200 arm board, with Jelco centre plate - I've been using one of these arms on my SL-1200GR for some time and I'll take some photos to update this thread later. An additional option a conventional short/fat counterweight will be offered as a cost option, and that will enable this s-shaped GrooveMaster to be used with the SL-1200's acrylic cover in place. For decks with more room at the back or without a cover, the standard long/slender counterweight is fine.

Price will be the same as the 'banana' shaped GrooveMaster-J (the Timestep tonearm), so £1495 but with this arm I will include the 'Jelco style' mount for free (normally £45) and the SME-style sliding base can be specified instead for £104 extra. All prices include VAT and UK shipping. Headshell and external cable are not included in the price.

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...er-js-tonearm/
    Last edited by Ammonite Audio; 10-09-2020 at 16:12.

I'm Hugo.

The 9" GrooveMaster II-JS s-shaped tonearm is now in stock at Ammonite Audio

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...er-js-tonearm/

+ Reply to Thread