+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else find this video hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    How do you know shes hot? Air con could be on
    Okay, she's cool and hot then...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

I am amazed at the way in which so many, especially Americans, go into seemingly paroxysmal gibberish almost as a form of style, and cannot see that they so often say little or nothing; there are many of these on R4, and they are supposedly the cognoscenti.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Okay, she's cool and hot then...
    Sorry, a crap attempt at humour
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I am amazed at the way in which so many, especially Americans, go into seemingly paroxysmal gibberish almost as a form of style, and cannot see that they so often say little or nothing; there are many of these on R4, and they are supposedly the cognoscenti.
    I do agree, although what I would say (as indeed I did earlier), is that taking the piss out of a cringeworthy video aside, and as a customer of theirs, I can vouch for the very high standards of service that Upscale Audio provide.

Not many companies properly test and measure every vacuum tube that they sell (as well as cryo-treat, if desired), provide the subsequent test figures, and pack them in such a way that they successfully get from the US to the UK, 100% intact [even large tubes such as KT150s], time and time again...

So respect/kudos for that, even if their proficiency in that area isn't matched by their video-making skills!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Salesmen at the end of the day Dennis,these people will promote anything that give them the biggest return!
    However, there are still many decent genuine enthusiastic folk out there who make a good living out of selling HI-FI, but tent to only promote the equipment they would happily use in their own systems!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haha, behave yourself! They're a damn sight better than those God-awful [obscenely priced] 'Magico', more like Tragico, things you used to sell!.

Marco.

Afternoon Marco

I am not going to disagree with you, we have a saving here 'There's no magic in a magico' never sold them either you so are quite safe
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Sorry, a crap attempt at humour
    I know, my reply was another crap attempt
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haha, behave yourself! They're a damn sight better than those God-awful [obscenely priced] 'Magico', more like Tragico, things you used to sell!

But yes, I agree with the rest of your point. Kind of reminds me of that dealer who used to advertise in the back of hi-fi mags, showing [I think it was his wife], posing in stockings and suspenders, leaning 'provocatively' against a pair of speakers, amp or whatever'!!

Just wrong... But very funny! Do you remember that? And if so, who was it? I'm talking mid 80s to late 90s...
    ]

Marco.
    You might be thinking of an advert in HiFi for Pleasure magazine (where else?) for the Gale 401s which was quickly pulled after complaints.

Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You might be thinking of an advert in HiFi for Pleasure magazine (where else?) for the Gale 401s which was quickly pulled after complaints.

No, I know the ads Marco is referring to. Much more recent than Hi-Fi For Pleasure. They featured one, or sometimes two, scantily clad ladies next to the equipment, often with a cheesy caption.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Afternoon Marco

I am not going to disagree with you, we have a saving here 'There's no magic in a magico' never sold them either you so are quite safe
    Lol - no worries, Tony. You demmed some stand-mount Magicos at Cranage Hall though, a few years back, [I was there and we spoke] ,so you must've stocked them, and thus surely sold some, no?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast