+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calmer ear plugs for tinnitus

I'm Andrew.

I hope they work for you Lloyd.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    I think I have come to the conclusion that driving makes mine worse.
    Funny, I've found that too. I think it's the level of concentration required when driving that causes it. Driving may not seem stressful for many on a conscious level, but the stress is there nonetheless.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dennis.

I've had tinnitus for 25 years, and it was I'm sure affected by the high spls when riding a motorbike. Earplugs did not help because as the helmet moved around on bumps, the eardrum was sucked in and out by this high amplitude (DC) movement. Stress also makes mine worse, driving, and also training hard at the gym.

Since lockdown mine is much better, sometimes almost zero.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

In my experience the best treatment, sadly the one that is initially of no use or comfort to sufferers, is not focusing on it. Far easier said than done and I've lived that journey, believe me. The day you're not seeking a cure, nor trying to gauge whether it's getting louder or a different pitch, is the day your recovery begins. If you can fill your head with other stuff - work, family, whatever - time can do the rest. If I let it my T can be the loudest thing in the house, but now I just think "I'm bored with you" and it recedes. Stress, tiredness and having a cold don't help, but while T is very real, controlling it is in the mind. Same way you can learn to switch off from noticing planes overhead...

Pete

I'm Chris.

"Driving may not seem stressful for many on a conscious level, but the stress is there nonetheless. "
    I recall Graham Hill being strapped to a heart monitor, then driving around streets -sedately, not racing. His heart rate doubled-
    and that's a professional driver!
    Chris.

I'm Ray.

Never noticed tinnitus when driving, probably because my mind is on something else. As said above I usually only notice it when I think about it as when reading posts like this, although sometimes watching TV can make it noticeable maybe it’s the sound?

I'm Chris.

I often wondered if CRT TV coil whine was the cause of my tinnitus. I could always here them and the frequency of the tinnitus is not far off.

I find caffeine makes it worse. Also anything sweet. Also cheddar cheese. But eating in general often seems to make it worse.

It's surprising how loud even relatively refined cars are. I wonder if driving with the windows down in the days before air con was a cause. That's loud. My tinnitus is much worse in the right ear.

Spending time outdoors seems to lessen it.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Dennis.

What about the effective spl when rinsing ears by the splashing technique? That has to be high.

I'm winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Swann36 View Post
    Calmers purchased ...now to wait for them to arrive .... as far as placebo goes if they work they work and tbh anything that can reduce my tinnitus will be welcome , although as i said earlier i'm very sceptical ...
    Hi Swann36,

I also suffer with Tinnitus and was wondering if you have an update on the Calmers

I'm Geoff.

Just realised mine is back. I tend not to think about it, as I'm used to it being there a lot of the time. I must have woken up with it this morning, there was none yesterday. It's a soft whistle at around 5/6 kHz.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast