+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calmer ear plugs for tinnitus

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi All,
    I decided to give them a go a few weeks back now, although sod's law i have already lost one due to mask wearing and removal which Calmer has been very good about, and have sent me a replacement for a very minimal fee.
    I can't say it actualy helps with the various noise i hear daily due to severe tinitus in my right ear, however; what i have found is wearing them on a daily basis around normal sounds and in the car, i do feel calmer, i can't explain further that what the makers state on why that is, but i do think that they make a diffrence to my over-all mood through the time i have used them.
    Hope this helps.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    Thomas Jefferson
    Who will govern the governors? There is only one force in the nation that can be depended upon to keep the government pure and the governors honest, and that is the people themselves. They alone, if well informed, are capable of preventing the corruption of power, and of restoring the nation to its rightful course if it should go astray. They alone are the safest depository of the ultimate powers of government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just realised mine is back. I tend not to think about it, as I'm used to it being there a lot of the time. I must have woken up with it this morning, there was none yesterday. It's a soft whistle at around 5/6 kHz.
    Yeah, that's about the same as mine. Only really noticeable when I think about it. Or when I'm playing music, as if it's trying to compete
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, BOW Wazoo XL, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Grant.

had it for many years(industrial accident) . it used to bug me badly but it doesnt mostly now. its there but i can overcome hearing it with a quite tv on at night.. its pretty loud at moment tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

And today it's gone...................for the moment.
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

I'm Andrew.

Having gone to the trouble of reading the linked effects on music and Tinnitus I have to say that the mfg is not making any claims at all . Instead they are reacting and looking at some claims from users who have noted improvements . As they say the causes and treatments for tinnitus are many and what works for one may not work in anyway with someone else . As they offer a 30 day free return they are letting anyone interested try the product and see if it helps . If it does then fantastic anything that will lower or improve the life of a tinnitus sufferer is to be applauded. For those that say it is just a placebo effect then my reply is so what if it works for you do not question it just take the improvement . I like that this mfg gets the accusations of snake oil and accept them and make no claim other than that they do what they were designed for which is filter out certain frequencies known to irritate or cause anxiety . This addition is unexpected and person dependent so they are noting it but not saying that is going to work . At 19 this is not what most would call a major purchase and if it works then that would be a great result . Will wait and see the comments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123