+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calmer ear plugs for tinnitus

I'm Andrew.

Default Calmer ear plugs for tinnitus

I know a few people have mentioned problems with tinnitus previously. Has anyone tried these? I wonder what the effect whilst listening to music would be? https://www.flareaudio.com/pages/cal...RoC4eMQAvD_BwE

I'm Lloyd.

Looks like it might be worth exploring ...after a quick read over the linked site ... now to explore it further off to google it is ...

I'm Lloyd.

Found this fairly quickly .... looking like possibly an expensive earplug ish thing ...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discu...act-or-fiction

I'm Geoff.

That reminds me, my fairly regular tinnitis has gone quiet for the last week or two.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lloyd.

Nothing on Tinitus UK about them.... although Calmer have Tinitus UK on their website ... so i'm thinking its a product that may help people feel "calmer" as they claim i doubt it will help with my tinitus ...sadly .... of course as with everything audio ymmv ... but at £19 i'm not biting ... yet at least ... if any other AOS members have experience like the OP i'm keen to know ...

I'm Lloyd.

I've just chatted online with British Tinnitus Ass and the bottom line is that "Flare" are a corporate sponser and they are aware (BTA) that for some people the Calmers make a difference ... the BTA also tell me that Flare are offering a 30 day trial period so i think i'll go for it and share here & back at the BTA as long as its a 30day ... i must say i'm very sceptical but my tinnitus is a companion i get no peace from and one that i'd rather not have ... so off i go to buy these "Calmers" ....

I'm Justin.

I think there should be laws against ineffective products.

Not saying this is one, but the amount of stuff that is sold in chemists that doesn't work is crazy. Fungal toenail remover is very guilty. Not one of them works against even a medium case of fungal toenail.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That reminds me, my fairly regular tinnitis has gone quiet for the last week or two.
    I must admit mine is there all the time but not at a level that is truly intrusive. Obviously when it’s quiet it’s more irritating but that means playing music usually masks it. I think I have come to the conclusion that driving makes mine worse. On the web page it suggests the plugs cut out certain problematic frequencies which is why I wondered what it might do to music listening.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I think there should be laws against ineffective products.

Not saying this is one, but the amount of stuff that is sold in chemists that doesn't work is crazy. Fungal toenail remover is very guilty. Not one of them works against even a medium case of fungal toenail.
    I agree very strongly, but it seems to me that capitalism depends to a great extent on just such, Hi-Fi is full of it, and I'm sure that health shops are frequented largely by placebophiles.

My experience in the last 10 years of tradesmen has been similar.
    I have paid a builder to construct an extension, the windows and doors were all in the wrong place, and the floor was too low so I had to glue 9mm ply over all the joists to correct it.

I had to correct over a week, a plasterers work, and just this week correct plumbing work from (corgi) plumbers after they fitted a new boiler which was very sloppily done, and they damaged my property as well. When I complained they sent a manager round who looked at my own plumbing in the extension, and said it was faultless and superb, and I have not been trained as a plumber.

I'm also not convinced by the supposedly scientific use of drugs by the NHS on its grand scale.

When I was about to become a pensioner I rang the Pensions department to prompt them, and then later, after four months in which I should have received it, rang them 14 times to ask why I had not. On the fourteenth occasion I spoke to a manager who said that she though that her staff needed some training.

What irks me is that these are not atypical examples, it seems ubiquitous, especially with large organisations.

I'm Lloyd.

Calmers purchased ...now to wait for them to arrive .... as far as placebo goes if they work they work and tbh anything that can reduce my tinnitus will be welcome , although as i said earlier i'm very sceptical ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast