+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any art experts on the forum?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Chiswick Auctions are within reach.
    Thanks, I've completed their online valuation form.

I'm sorted.

Didn't get a lot of interest in these so decided to frame them & then find a suitable wall.

I'm Martin.

They look great.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

yup, good sympathetic framing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Thanks both, quite pleased with the results for ready made frames that only cost me a little over 30 quid.

They might usurp some existing artwork.

I'm sorted.

Now adorning my stairwell.

I'm Steve.

Wonderful thread this one. An ART Detective story....

Enid Blyton and illustrator Treyer Evans were published by Methuen & co.

I think they amalgamated with Eyre & Spottiswoode around 1970 and became Eyre Methuen.

Takeovers usually involve much clearing and closing of offices and warehouses. Maybe there was one in Cannng Town, London.

Seems likely that "Pepys at Sea" was an Illustrated Diary that never happened? It all fits with the dates and text on the pictures which do match the Diary.

Congratulations, Roy. Nice pictures.

I learn that Samuel Pepys is buried in St. Olave's Church in Hart Street near Fenchurch, London. Looks a lovely old Church:

https://saintolave.com/.

I love old churches. Full of interesting history.

I'm sorted.

Thanks for that, some interesting tidbits of information there.

I'm Steve.

I am a great believer that there is a reason for everything. You should pursue this strange Pepys business.

Short tube journey to the St. Olave Church in Hart Street in London from Romford. I know a bit about St. Olaf, as it goes.

Patron Saint of lovely Norway. The St. Olaf choir in Trondheim is a legend. And it is an odd coincidence that my NFL Football team is the Minnesota Vikings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Io_7-jVfYU

I was always fascinated by artist Vincent Van Gogh. He has played a large part in my life. Seen his pictures in Amsterdam, and London.

Visited the asylum in the South of France.

https://www.vangoghgallery.com/paint...rry-night.html

Amazing to see the actual sunflowers and wicker chair and hills that inspired him. He was good.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    I am a great believer that there is a reason for everything. You should pursue this strange Pepys business.

Short tube journey to the St. Olave Church in Hart Street in London from Romford.
    I'm shunning public transport at the moment but, yes, would be interesting to go and have a look round and pay my respects.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast