Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer / Seller protection on Art of Sound.

I'm Nat.

Default Buyer / Seller protection on Art of Sound.

At what point after a sale does a faulty item sold in these classifieds cease to become the responsibility of the seller? If you purchased an item for a little under £700 and after 10 days it began to show a fault would you expect the seller to tell you to take it up with the manufacturer because the item which was sold to them ex demo making you the third owner is still under warranty.

As the seller of the item would you reimburse in full and take it up with the company you purchased from or just wash your hands of it.

We all buy and sell on this and other forums sometimes exchanging hundreds or thousands of pounds to people who don't really know because of a trust that all parties will act honourably.

I'm jamie.

in my book its as soon as you exchange money for the goods,just like real life auction houses,buyer beware etc. if the seller doesn't state it comes with a warranty or money back if not happy then don't expect one when there's a problem. its a cruel world out there.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

lets turn it around,if you buy something second hand and sold as seen,how long do YOU think you can own it and not complain if something goes wrong with it?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm malcolm.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

It is in the buyer’s interest to fully check the item at the time of purchase and the seller’s responsibility to declare any faults. Once the sale has gone through (i.e. funds have been exchanged) it is in the buyer’s ownership.

Occasionally things go wrong with equipment, but rarely, and most things are cheap and easy to rectify, certainly with the level of knowledge and wealth of helpful people on here.

Buyer protection is generally a trade responsibility if a warranty is offered. The legal statutory requirement is 14 days even if an item is sold without a warranty I believe.

‘Caveat Emptor’ is the phrase that applies here. Almost every member on here is thoroughly knowledgable - whether buying or selling, we all know what equipment should sound like and how it operates.

——

To reiterate AoS’s position; we are not responsible for any transactions, merely a platform to aid sellers and buyers - as is stated in our rules for posting (not that many ever read them of course )...

Under no circumstances do the administrators or moderators of this forum accept any responsibility for items or services bought, sold or traded through this forum.
    -
    -
    All goods are advertised at seller's risk. All goods are purchased at buyer's risk.

I'm Dennis.

As it happens I bought an FM tuner from Germany on the 17th of July, and after several weeks of testing and making a better aerial, verified that the auto-scan did not stop at any stations.

The seller was very cooperative and accepted that this was so after I sent him a table of the aerial I/P levels with the new and old aerial, and stating that three other tuners found the original signal strength to be adequate to stop at stations, even with the old aerial.

He sent me a return scan label and I attached it to the re-packed tuner, my then leaving it as a DPD depot in Eastbourne. For four weeks he did not receive it, and DPD had lost it, but after much trouble with DPD it was finally located in a very wrong location, and it was then correctly sent to the seller, but I had to do days of chasing and admin work. Finally a refund on the 25th of September.

Within a day of delivery I had a Paypal refund, but there are three factors here, whether the seller is decent and honest, the often the ineffectiveness of courier services, and the inability to actually speak to someone at Paypal, three major potential obstacles.

I'm Nat.

Ok it seems I'm in the minority then silly me for thinking that this all worked on trust and the good nature of the members involved.
    Everyone should really take note of this thread and never make friends and family payments on eBay.

So do we state in our sales listings that we do not accept any responsibility once cash has changed hands.

I'm Andrew.

I've sold perfectly working goods in the past only to receive emails claiming that things were faulty only to be returned with the original gear in a state of complete disrepair. I don't sell big things now and insist on buyer pick-up where they can see the gear working. Perhaps we should get buyers and sellers to sign a disclaimer !?! Food for thought and it might stop some of the bullshit which happens.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    ...and never make friends and family payments on eBay....
    So you purchased from eBay and not here? eBay has buyer protection you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    ...trust and the good nature of the members involved...
    On here and TZ-UK (watch forum - item value similar territory), I've bought and sold literally hundreds of items. Never had a single problem or issue.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Perhaps we should get buyers and sellers to sign a disclaimer !?!
    That would need to be a private agreement between each seller/buyer.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm jamie.

so this has happened on ebay then and nothing to do with the forum yes? why would you choose to make a payment on there using pay-pal F&F method? asking to have your pants pulled down doing that.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast