+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt The Funk Firm and Houdini the latest offering from Funk.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What about you, Robbo - when will you be joining the party?

Trust me, you *NEED* one of these babies! I know how much you value the accurate reproduction of the music contained in those grooves, and in that respect the Houdini will significantly improve even the superb sound you're getting now, and truly 'unleash the beast' in your Cadenza Black!

Marco.
    It's on mi radar Marco, when I've sold a few more bits / duplicate vinyl on ebay to raise funds.

Wont be looking forward to the re-adjusting, dialling in vta - sweet-spot bit though. With the mad fussy, FGS stylus profile, sticking pins in mi eyes sometimes feels like it would probably be less painful
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    It's on mi radar Marco, when I've sold a few more bits / duplicate vinyl on ebay to raise funds.

Wont be looking forward to the re-adjusting, dialling in vta - sweet-spot bit though. With the mad fussy, FGS stylus profile, sticking pins in mi eyes sometimes feels like it would probably be less painful
    I spoke to Marco about setup of these fussy stylus profiles. Sounds like a nightmare (me never moving outside of popular convention). Marco what is your current experience of setup with Houdini and exotic carts?
    Or actually I should wait until you have your production version arriving Friday.

Matt.

I'm Frank.

I would imagine that if an arm was isolated itself from a deck and it's drive noise and vibrations, along with any picked up from acoustic transmission, whatever effects from the device would be greatly reduced. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any deck that effectively isolates an arm. The only arm I can think of that is in effect decoupled from a deck is The Well Tempered Arm. The revised version hangs from a gantry and held in a bath of silicone. A golf ball structure was chosen to maximize surface area and help aid a rigid coupling.

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    I would imagine that if an arm was isolated itself from a deck and it's drive noise and vibrations, along with any picked up from acoustic transmission, whatever effects from the device would be greatly reduced. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any deck that effectively isolates an arm. The only arm I can think of that is in effect decoupled from a deck is The Well Tempered Arm. The revised version hangs from a gantry and held in a bath of silicone. A golf ball structure was chosen to maximize surface area and help aid a rigid coupling.
    Just to clarify. The Houdini decouples the cartridge from the arm. As long as the arm can hold the cart in the groove, track and traverse we no longer care about what else it does. In addition you may be able to isolate an arm from a deck but a non decoupled arm will pick up external energy both from the cart itself and it's environment. All of this puts the "tone" in tonearm.

Hope that is helpful

Matt.

Houdini_Prod_side.jpg

I'm malcolm.

Looking forward to trying one - end of September?
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Adrian.

As soon as I can get the cash together then I will be trying one out as well.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Looking forward to trying one - end of September?
    Hi Will. If you drop Arthur an email to info@thefunkfirm.co.uk You can have one now as we have extended an offer to A of S members.

Kind regards, Matt.

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    As soon as I can get the cash together then I will be trying one out as well.
    Hi,

You’ll be so glad you did.

Kind regards, Matt.

I'm Josie.

Hi Matt.

Welcome to AOS Looks very interesting.

I'm looking for interesting things to review on my website http://www.tannoyista.com

Let me know if it's of interest
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by matodono1 View Post
    Hi Will. If you drop Arthur an email to info@thefunkfirm.co.uk You can have one now as we have extended an offer to A of S members.

Kind regards, Matt.
    Many thanks Matt, I've just done so.
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast