+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt The Funk Firm and Houdini the latest offering from Funk.

I'm Matt.

Default gl

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Matt does the Houdini fit a Goldring GL75 headshell?

It looks like the limiting dimension is 20mm at the front.
    Not going to happen! Doesn't matter just use any headshell IE Technics The Houdini will delete any sonic effects that the headshell and arm have so go for an alternative.

Watch this video https://youtu.be/rvCiltG9P1A to see how the Houdini would interface a Technics but remember this headshell was adapted to answer another query. More fitting videos to come.

Regards, Matt.
    Last edited by matodono1; 13-09-2020 at 08:50.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by matodono1 View Post
    Not going to happen! Doesn't matter just use any headshell IE Technics The Houdini will delete any sonic effects that the headshell and arm have so go for an alternative.

Watch this video https://youtu.be/rvCiltG9P1A to see how the Houdini would interface a Technics but remember this headshell was adapted to answer another query. More fitting videos to come.

Regards, Matt.

Sorry Matt but Lenco L75 uses a proprietary headshell therefore there are no other options.

But I will check with one when mine arrives.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Sorry Matt but Lenco L75 uses a proprietary headshell therefore there are no other options.

But I will check with one when mine arrives.
    In that case the solution is easy. Simply take a file or a dremel to the skirts where they get in the way and get rid of the obstructing skirt material.

Sorry if that seems drastic but I assure you it will be worth it. or otherwise you can insert a shim spacer to drop the houdini below the skirt. Any firm material will do plastic, wood, balsa what ever. just make sure that the Houdini is level in the azimuth and vta.
    Azimuth more important as VTA can be adjusted out.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Matt... Matt... Matt....

You seem like a decent enough chap, but I'm afraid I won't be able to avail you of your offer, kind, as it may be.

Never indulged in expensive (to me) accessory/bolt-on items. What meagre resources available, are intended to go on a DIY turntable design and arm, which of course will be decoupled. And I'll have another think about the cartridge/arm interface. Have to say all I could come up with previously was something along the lines of The Cartridge Man's device, which uses a rigid foam.

Anyway, I imagine if your item has the merit you say it has, people will buy it, if it's of interest to them.

Aye. Assumptions. Can be dangerous things to make.
    But aren’t you the ideal candidate to try one? Better to have sceptics try it than those that ‘want’ one based on other opinions.

Cheap? Can’t get cheaper than a free trial

And no, I don’t own one nor particularly desire one, I’ll stick with my Orsonic Headshell

I'm Frank.

Not really. I don't have £300 to spend on a turntable accessory.

And I'm DIY sort of person. When you make something yourself - it obviously sounds better than anything else! Designer's

I'm Matt.

I'm supposed to be a web developer that was having tremendous difficulty inserting images to the forum. Sussed it now!

I'm Knut.

The last step before mounting it into the Houdini. Very easy. Time you need is about 20 min at Rega RB900 without removing the tonearm.
    IMG_7414 (1).jpg
    Knut.

Acoustic Signature Thunder & Final Tool, Technics SP15, Ampearl RE1030 Valve Phono, Ampearl Valve phono LCR RE2030, Ampearl RE1031, Tribute SUT, Aidas MC, Linn Akiva, DS Audio E1, Nagra VPS
    Legat Audio SETA E130L SE, Legat KT88 SE , K&T Donar, JE Labs Open baffle with Philips 12202, BK elec SUBs P12 & XXls400

I'm Matt.

If anyone interested here is the first of about six fitting videos. Which will be updated and edited properly when I have more time.

In response to Knuts helpful image here are some of the basics of fitting a Houdini, not applicable to all cases with more fitting videos to come but the basic principles are outlined.

I'm Geoff.

What happens if you use two?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    What happens if you use two?
    If you mean two types of cartridge I will be uploading a video soon where I will show you how one type of Houdini accomodates both types of cartridge.

Please bear with us as things are crazy at the moment.

Regards, Matt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast