+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Matt The Funk Firm and Houdini the latest offering from Funk.

I'm Jonathan.

That’s fair enough, although I initially emailed Arthur on 11 Sept.

I'm Kevin.

Drop Matt a PM, and I am sure he will chase Arthur up.

It seems that there is a positive review by Alan Sircom on HiFi+. I am glad to know I am not imagining things.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by matodono1 View Post
    Marco has asked me to comment on this guy.

First of all his name is not Tony he is in fact named Raymond,

Secondly, if in my capacity as a representative of Funk I were to have poor relations with any one of you I promise you I would not seek to denigrate any one of you online either here or anywhere else so I am going to spare you all of actual gorey details of our interaction with this individual.

That said we have to defend ourselves and our product to at least some extent.

So here is the VERY shortform...

This guy was on our Facebook group "The Funk Firm" it is a private group that you have to apply to be a member. This guy showed some interest but immediately started trolling mainly about the price.
    I personally spent two hours in consultation with this individual answering many of his questions and explaining what he could expect from Houdini and other Funk products.

However he continued to troll and was very critical of the method we were marketing Houdini and how we were presenting it. Including criticising other members of the group.
    I warned him to cease and decist otherwise he would be removed, after a very rude and personal response he was removed.

What followed was very bizarre...

What is more bizarre is that while I was always the bad guy, Raymond was always and is to this day absolutely cordial in his interactions with Arthur.

So all I will say is that whilst he pretended to be someone else to buy the Houdini from elsewhere as we didn't want to deal with him. He got his Houdini with the sole intention of trying to denigrate it and even publishing his evil online, but even more bizzarrely is simultaniously emailing Arthur telling him how good it is, also enquiring about other products.

So we are about as confused as this poor individual seems to be. We will leave it to you to decide.

Matt... The Funk Firm.
    There was a thread about Houdini on Vinyl Engine and a new member - also with an Oracle Delphi - was initially positive and then started criticising both the design and execution. Then he started picking on another member, accusing him of misusing his Houdini, breaking it and returning it for a refund. When it transpired he was slagging off the wrong person he deleted the offending post but didn't apologise.

Very strange.

Jon

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Drop Matt a PM, and I am sure he will chase Arthur up.

It seems that there is a positive review by Alan Sircom on HiFi+. I am glad to know I am not imagining things.

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoblab View Post
    There was a thread about Houdini on Vinyl Engine and a new member - also with an Oracle Delphi - was initially positive and then started criticising both the design and execution. Then he started picking on another member, accusing him of misusing his Houdini, breaking it and returning it for a refund. When it transpired he was slagging off the wrong person he deleted the offending post but didn't apologise.

Very strange.

Jon
    All we are trying to do is help people get the most out of their turntables.

None of the turmoil is neccessary, we are just here to enjoy music replay.

But thanks for your post.

Matt.

I'm Matt.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I don’t think these files show the Houdini as anything other than good.
    You didn’t hear the mid range on a busy track with the heavy cartridge.

However, it’s your website, so if you want them taken down, either edit my post, or let me know and I will do it.

I don’t know why Arthur would be worried about these, they are not a digital comparison of with and without. Just an enthusiast sharing his joy.
    An amusing thing has occurred this morning.
    I was browsing the inter web, casually looking at new turntables as you do.
    I stumbled upon The Funk Firm LSD, and as part of the web page was a YouTube clip of it playing music.

Makes me wonder why AK was so against needle drops of the Houdini where a clear difference could be heard.

It is not up to me to argue though. I would still like to hear a “fully loaded LSD” to see how it compares to my SL1200.
    I will soon have a 2nd input for vinyl....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425