+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New boots for Boenicke

I'm Laurie.

Default New boots for Boenicke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Laurie.

Had some platforms made by guy who makes chopping boards, had inserts fitted to take screws for spikes or as seen Stillpoints.
    Now saving for kondo S\h copper cables.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Martin.

So how do they sound ?

Are you planning keeping the stillpoints on the carpet ?

I'm Laurie.

They sound fab, the swing bases don’t really work on carpets, And matching bases look much smarter and feel more secure.
    Sound is cleaner and smoother, imaging depth improved. Bass punchier, the rat ta tat of snares has more impact, each strike more apparent and separate. Strings less strident, voices richer, esp male speech.
    Used ultra bases on stillpoint ultra as what I had, I’ve ordered some spikes For ultras to see if that is better, but seeing as its concrete under carpet and it’s often best to avoid spikes but if not good will use elsewhere. I’ve also got some track audio spikes I will try. In 99% of cases Stillpoints help, amount varies.

I'm Martin.

If the spikes work out better and you want to sell your ultra bases, let me have first refusal on a set of 4 please

I use a set under my REL downfiring stentor 3 and i had to remove the stock feet as the clearance wasn’t quite enough with the ultra ss.

I really love the look and concept of the Beonicke speakers and I think the 5s look amazing but they like a lot of space which I don’t have currently have. Maybe one day

I'm Laurie.

They are superb, look dinky but need plenty of space.
    In my room most speakers are roughly 32in from wall to front baffle, the w8 are 54in from rear wall and 32 from sides.
    They sound good closer, but lack bottom end clarity and imaging capability. Get it right and they disappear more convincingly than any speaker I’ve heard.
    I have a stentor three not in use, huge beast. I tried Stillpoints instead of spikes, mega improvement in tightness and speed.
    I sometimes use component stand under b&w pv1, agn makes taughter and faster.
    Never met a stillpoint I didn’t like

I'm Laurie.

Just bought come kondo spc at very decent price so next step in system rejig done. Now comes long process of saving for some kondo I/c, would ideally like Lp or Lpz but may end up getting Vc or vz till funds permit. Really looking forward to hearing spc in place of dnm, should be fun.

I'm Laurie.

Had kondo spc (grey rubber) in place for 24hrs now, still settling in but initial impressions good. Richer, smoother harmonies, more apparent tonal shading. Treble is main beneficiary, cleaner, more distinct edges, with more lustre to strings and cymbals. Also images have moved forward slightly, with instruments having more presence, strings feel plucked, Tom toms have a percussive quality, voices have become more real less recorded!
    Thanks to seller, good price, condition and hassle free sale.
    Having said all that the dnm cable performed way above sticker price, barely £100 for stereo pair, only a slight coarseness and a tendency to harden at very high volume really betrayed its lowly origins.

I'm Martin.

Yep I had some DNM resolution for a while and it was very clearly better than Atlas ascent which originally sold for nearly 10 times the price. I still run the jumper cables.

I'm Laurie.

Still using dnm balanced cables on dac till I can afford better. When compared to the high fidelity cables ct1e rca I still have there are differences in presentation but it is of comparable quality and the dnm cost 1 twentieth of hfc cable.
    I Also use some bits of dnm cable on bi wire links on my pro ac hexa as much better than supplied links.

+ Reply to Thread