+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for September

I'm Martin.

No this working from home lark is great. Takes the whole pain in the arse element out of it. I could carry on indefinitely. It's like being retired except you have something to occupy your time during the day that doesn't cost you any money.

I put a claim in for tax refund for expenses incurred in my 'home office.' £312. I'll see how that goes. Mind you HMRC hang onto the money like their balls so I'm not massively hopefully.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just seems a long summer because it hasn't been punctuated by anything interesting happening. Just a long slog of disappointments and general dreariness. Oh and a fair bit of sunshine...
    Given "lockdown" and all the associated lack of activity I have been grateful that I live in a village, have a garden and the weather has been excellent this year - just think how depressing it would have been if we had had a cool wet summer
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

I had eight weeks of not working before the industry was given the "ok to work but with precautions" directive. Since then workload has been more than any of us can handle. Sounds good, but every job takes longer than normal, as manufacturers with reduced staff (to comply with social distancing) cause longer and unpredictable lead times.

This means jobs booked for a certain date often have to be re-scheduled, but not easy to find them a new fitting date when your diary is fully booked until end of November. The people who supply my windows and doors cannot cope with the sudden increased demand, and so this week they have 'shut up shop' temporarily.

So I'm working six day weeks to try and keep up.

The only good thing of the last six months has been the quieter roads, making getting to, from and between jobs easier. But now that schools and colleges are re-opening, and bus travel is being discouraged, the roads have never been busier

Not that I'm complaining or anything
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

Another dry crisp morning about 4c.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Ray.

Pouring down here, nearly 2inches of rain in the last 24 hours and forecast to rain all day, so could be some flooding, wind is also picking up and maybe around 60mph at peak.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I had eight weeks of not working before the industry was given the "ok to work but with precautions" directive. Since then workload has been more than any of us can handle. Sounds good, but every job takes longer than normal, as manufacturers with reduced staff (to comply with social distancing) cause longer and unpredictable lead times.

This means jobs booked for a certain date often have to be re-scheduled, but not easy to find them a new fitting date when your diary is fully booked until end of November. The people who supply my windows and doors cannot cope with the sudden increased demand, and so this week they have 'shut up shop' temporarily.

So I'm working six day weeks to try and keep up.

The only good thing of the last six months has been the quieter roads, making getting to, from and between jobs easier. But now that schools and colleges are re-opening, and bus travel is being discouraged, the roads have never been busier

Not that I'm complaining or anything
    Apologies for any offence, it must be very frustrating.

Just saying that it is bloody good that we had a long period of very pleasant weather considering the mental wellbeing of those forced to stay at home.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Pouring down here, nearly 2inches of rain in the last 24 hours and forecast to rain all day, so could be some flooding, wind is also picking up and maybe around 60mph at peak.

Gusting here, but very little rain at present - never fails to amaze me how much weather can vary over relatively short distances.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Gusting here, but very little rain at present - never fails to amaze me how much weather can vary over relatively short distances.
    Really, still quite heavy here, now 1.8 inches, since 6pm yesterday.

I'm Martin.

Windy here, with some strong gusts. Sun is out though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Windy here, with some strong gusts. Sun is out though.
    Yes the rain is down the east coast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast