+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EMM Labs & Meitner Audio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Manny.

Default EMM Labs & Meitner Audio

We are extremely pleased to announce that we are the official UK distributor for EMM Labs and Meitner Audio.

We shall be posting news, reviews and photos of EMM Labs & Meitner Audio products on this thread.

EMM Labs the Company

When Sony needed to transform SACD from an intriguing concept into a sonic reality, they turned to one of the world's leading experts in digital converter design: Ed Meitner.

In those early days, Ed's EMM Labs worked hand-in-glove with Sony and Phillips to refine what was possible from the format and to establish the unparalleled sonic purity for which SACD is now known.

The company soon developed the first complete multichannel DSD playback system from disc to preamplifier. And quickly became one of the industry's most respected makers of high-resolution audio recording and playback products.

These distinctions were achieved by the unique amalgam of talent here—physicists, engineers and music lovers alike—working as a team to create the most faithful music production and reproduction equipment available. And, in fact, possible.

Today, EMM Labs converter systems are the de facto DSD reference of the recording industry. Currently, almost every new SACD in production is being made with our DSD converters.

And now, EMM Labs is bringing the same peerless level of performance into audiophile homes throughout the world. Our latest products are designed for a wide variety of applications and are, without question, the most sophisticated expression yet of EMM Labs innovation and technology.

Ed Meitner

Ed Meitner has been creating state-of-the-art professional and audiophile products for decades. If the job can be done, Ed will do it. If it can't be done, Ed will figure out a way to do it. His focus has always been singular—addressing the needs of his customers and in so doing, creating music production and reproduction equipment that's unerringly faithful to the music itself.

The analogue mixing consoles Ed designed back in the early 1970's for Olive Electrodynamics Company, for example, are still sought after today. So too are his Museatex and Melior audiophile products. His original thinking in the field of audio design led to several patents including:

Reproduction equipment for digital audio
    Very low jitter clock recovery from serial audio data
    Adaptive digital audio interpolation system
    Magnetic pickup preamplifier
    Retrofitable CD player system

Other notable accomplishments include creating the world's first VCA-controlled preamplifier. The first commercially available cryogenically treated cables. The legendary BiDat converter. The coveted MTR-101 amplifier. So what's next for Ed? More of the same, of course.

Studio Client Comments:

"Ed's converters are the first DSD converters that was superior to anything I have ever heard. It is not an overstatement to say that Ed's analog to digital and digital to analog DSD converters have set a new standard of sound quality for digital audio. It turns out they are great PCM converters as well."
    Bob Ludwig, Gateway Mastering Studios
    (Phil Collins, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Nirvana, and many more..)

"Ed Meitner's designs are the reference point for anyone serious about very high performance audio."
    George Massenburg, George Massenburg Labs
    (Multiple Grammy Award winning Engineer/Producer)

"One of the main reasons our client are happy with the high-rez work we do is that it’s done using Ed Meitner's converter."
    Bernie Grundman, Bernie Grundman Mastering

"I have used the ADC8 and the DAC8 on my recording projects and have never had such an overall satisfying recording experience. These converters are so transparent and accurate that they have changed the way I work."
    Tom Jung, Recording/Mastering Engineer, DMP Records

"I will not do a session without out EMM Labs DSD converters or Switchman, they have become that much a part of my essential must-have list!"
    Michael Bishop, Chief Recording Engineer, Telarc International Corporation

"The sonic purity and transparency of the Meitner converters have been key in Telarc's success in using DSD technology to make the best sounding SACDs that can be produced. All of Telarc's pure DSD/SACD titles have been made using Meitner converters."
    Bob Woods, President and Recording Engineer, Telarc International Corporation

"Ed Meitner's designs of audiophile equipment are and industry benchmark. He is now at the forefront of the movement to DSD technology."
    James Guthrie, Grammy Award Winning Producer/Engineer (Pink Floyd)

"I was recently playing back a SACD master through Ed Meitner's great converter, and I was starled at the realism of it. I was a trumpet player when I was in college, and believe me - this sounded like a real trumpet in my room."
    Edwin Outwater, President, Musiktech Advisors Inc.
    Recording/Mastering Engineer (MGM, Polygram, Warner Bros)

"The Meitner converters were leagues better than anything else available. Today, Ed's converters are the benchmark. If you are serious about high-resolution and audio in the general, DSD in particular, there is no other reference."
    Shawn R. Britton, Chief Audio Engineer, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

EMM Labs proudly supplies and supports our professional products users:

Abbey Road Studios
    Acoustic Sounds
    Airshow Mastering
    Ambient Recording Co.
    Andrea Bocelli
    ATMA Classique
    AudioQuest Music
    Bernie Grundman Mastering
    BIS
    Bob Ludwig, Gateway Mastering
    Bruce Botnick Productions
    Buzz Records
    Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
    Challenge Records
    Chesky Records
    Chick Corea
    David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
    Delos
    Denon
    Diana Krall
    Digidance
    Disques Lyrinx
    DMP Records
    DMT Rentals
    DTS Pro
    EMI
    Exton
    fone
    Gallo Acoustics
    Groove Note Records
    In-Akustik
    Indigo
    Kimber IsoMike
    Linn Records
    MasterMix
    Mobile Fidelity
    Octavia Records
    Opus 3
    Pentatone
    Philips SACD
    James Guthrie (Pink Floyd)
    Polyhymnia International
    Pure Mastering
    Right Track Recording
    Sadie
    Saidera Records, Seigen Ono
    Sony Music
    SoundMirror
    Sterling Mastering Studios
    Steve Marcussen Mastering
    Studio Champagne
    Telarc Records
    Tracy Chapman, Paul Du Gre (Engineer)
    Universal Mastering
    Universal Music
    Virgin Records
    Water Lily Acoustics
    Wind Over the Earth
    Wonderland (Stevie Wonder)
    Zen Mastering (Chick Corea, Kimber Isomike)
    ... and many others.

I'm Manny.

Steve Guttenberg Audiophiliac reviews the Meitner Audio MA-1 Stereo D/A Converter on youtube with some quotes listed below:

“I think the Meitner MA-1 V2 is an absolutely extraordinary piece of gear”

“It delivers what I want digital to sound like, more like analogue”

Check the below link for the full video review:

https://youtu.be/WCjz6sTfdE8

The Meitner Audio MA-1 V2 is available to purchase and demo at our authorised dealers.

I'm Manny.

"Special announcement ��

We are thrilled to announce Ed Meitner's return to the world of vinyl playback with the EMM Labs DS-EQ1 optical equalizer, in partnership with DS Audio's award-winning optical cartridges.

The DS-EQ1 equalizer, paired with any DS Audio cartridge, will bring you closer to your vinyl collection than ever before with jaw-dropping transparency and low frequency response, an immersive soundstage, and an eerie silence not heard from conventional MM/MC cartridges.

Watch this space, send us a message, or visit our website to learn more... And most importantly, happy listening from EMM Labs."

https://www.emmlabs.com

I'm Manny.

The EMM LABS DV2 integrated converter and NS-1 network streamer arrives at one of our authorised dealers showrooms Audio Venue.

More images to follow.

#EMMLABS #DV2 #DAC #INTEGRATEDCONVERTOR #HIENDHIFI #MASTERING #STUDIO #AVTECHSOLUTIONS #AUDIOPHILE #STEREO #HIFI #HIENDHIFI #NS1 #STREAMER #AUDIOVENUE #HIENDSTEREO #DSD #MEITNERAUDIO #MA1V2 #MQA

I'm Manny.

Hi-fi+ Reviews the EMM Labs DV2 Digital Converter, below are some quotes from the review:

"Unlike almost every high-end digital product I’ve encountered irrespective of cost, the EMM Labs DV2 is one of the most ‘tuneful’ and ‘soulful’ digital devices I’ve heard to date."

“It’s tough to say this given the price tag, but what the EMM Labs DV2 represents is the least-expensive way into top-tier high-end audio. Its rivals aren’t those excellent players and DACs in the £20,000-£30,000 range; it’s a £50,000 DAC that forgot to uprate its price tag. And, as many current DACs go for a sound that seems ‘etched’ next to the EMM Labs, its rival group gets smaller year-on-year. The DV2 is more than just another clever DAC; it’s one of the easiest sounding digital devices you’ll ever hear. It should be on the shopping list of all high-enders!”

To read the full review click on the below link:

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/emm...tal-converter/

I'm Manny.

A new Meitner Audio product arrives in store Home Media Maidstone, which is now on permanent demonstration in store.

More images to follow.

Thanks to the guys for the support.

#MEITNERAUDIO #MEITNER #AUDIO #MA1V2 #DAC #STEREO #HIFI #AUDIOPHILE #HIENDHIFI #HIENDSTEREO #MQA #EMMLABS #AVTECHSOLUTIONS #AUDIOPHILE #STUDIO #MASTERING #REFERENCEAUDIO #DSD

I'm Manny.

A stunning image of a Meitner Audio MA-1 V2 DAC paired with EMM Labs Inc. NS-1 network streamer at one of our authorised dealers Audio Venue Limited store. This combination offers a stunning digital front end for any high end audiophile.

#MEITNER #AUDIO #MEITNERAUDIO #MA1V2 #MA1 #DAC #DSD #MQA #EMMLABS #NS1 #NETWORK #STREAMER #AUDIOPHILE #HIFI #STEREO #HIENDHIFI #HIENDSTEREO #STUDIO #MASTERING #AVTECHSOLUTIONS #AUDIOVENUE

I'm Manny.

One of our authorised dealers Audio Venue Limited receives another EMM Labs Inc. meitner audio MA1-V2 Dac and a @jlaudioinc dominion d108 subwoofer for demonstration at their store.

#MEITNERAUDIO #MEITNER #MA1V2 #DAC #DSD #MQA #JLAUDIO #DOMINION #D108 #D110 #POWERED #SUBWOOFER #AUDIOPHILE #HIFI #STEREO #HIENDHIFI #MASTERING #STUDIO #AVTECHSOLUTIONS #HOMECINEMA #HOMETHEATER #BASS #HIENDTHEATER #HIENDHOMECINEMA #AUDIOVENUE #HIENDSTEREO

I'm Manny.

A stunning EMM Labs Inc. DV2 integrated D/A Converter on demonstration at one of our authorised dealers showrooms Audio Venue Limited.

#EMMLABS #DV2 #DAC #INTEGRATED #MQA #DSD #MEITNERAUDIO #EDMEITNER #HIFI #HIENDHIFI #STEREO #HIENDSTEREO #AUDIOPHILE #STUDIO #MASTERING #REFERENCEAUDIO #AVTECHSOLUTIONS

I'm Manny.

A nice new EMM Labs Inc. Meitner Audio ma1v2 DAC is delivered to one of our authorised dealers Home Media Maidstone To be installed into their customers system.

Also delivered is a EMM Labs Inc. NS-1 streamer for demo purposes.

Nice!

#EDMEITNER #EMMLABS #MEITNERAUDIO #MA1V2 #MEITNER #DAC #HIENDHIFI #HIENDSTEREO #STEREO #HIFI #AUDIOPHILE #AVTECHSOLUTIONS #STUDIO #MASTERING #REFERENCEAUDIO #DSD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast