+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie!

I'm Steve.

Default Newbie!

Hi all from Sussex. New to the forum and new to vintage the stuff... just picked up an old Sony HP-511a, welcome any tips on upkeep and what to look out for. I think the cartridge has been upgraded at some point and the Sony speakers have been swapped for a pair of Hackers. Love the sound. Have a small collection (30) of LPs of various ages from the in laws in rotation on the Sony as I type...

Cheers, Steve

I'm Rob.

Hi Steve, another W.Sussexer. Postcoded Surrey, but just into W.Sussex. What sort of music are you into?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

Hi Steve. Welcome to AOS.

There's a lot of interest here in vintage gear, so I expect you'll find plenty to interest you.

Take a look through the various sections and join in any chat that appeals.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hi Steve. Welcome to AOS.

There's a lot of interest here in vintage gear, so I expect you'll find plenty to interest you.

Take a look through the various sections and join in any chat that appeals.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

Looks like there's really interesting stuff and a wealth of knowledge on here so look forward to learning more.

I'm certainly interested in finding out people's thoughts on the new pressings that are being released, so I'll have a search for that.

S

I'm Steve.

Hi Puffin, we're the opposite end about 4miles from the coast.

That's a very good question about what I'm into as the answer is pretty much anything that grabs me. Grew up listening to my parents LPs from the 70s so Zep, Queen, Fleetwood Mac amongst many others, through Gary Newman into the Eighties listening to my older bro's LPs and tapes. U2 Simple Minds, Depeche Mode etc. Late 80s and early to mid nineties is my period, so massively into the Seattle sound but all also many favourite British bands mainly guitar based - think anything from Soundgarden to The Bluetones and everything in between delving into Prodigy and Chemical Brothers occasionally... All fairly mainstream.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Steve.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread