+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from sunny Stockport

I'm Luke.

Default Hi from sunny Stockport

Good afternoon folks

Where to begin....

Bought my first system when I was 18, Denon UDM 31 with matching tape deck, CD recorder and MiniDisc player with a pair of Kef Q-Series speakers. That was 24 years ago and I still have those speakers hooked up to the UDM 31 connected to the TV. I’m ashamed to say that the CD recorder and MiniDisc players were abandoned many years ago but the tape deck I still have and it still works although it’s not used.

Anyway like most of us on here, I guess music is a constant in my life and always will be, whether that’s listening at home and going to gigs although that’s been on hold with everything that’s going on recently.

I never really felt like upgrading my kit until I went to an independent Hi-Fi shop with a friend who wanted to listen to some reasonably high end kit that I’d never heard off. That was about 5 years ago and it’s been a slippery slope ever since !! Although I do have him to thank for it all; the superb kit I’ve been lucky enough to listen too and people I’ve met through this hobby via forums, browsing etc. As most I went from my first kit to gradually upgrading over time as my knowledge etc increased and the itch subsided. Love it.

Anyway my current set up is as follows:

EAR Yoshino 890 Power Amp
    Townshend Allegri + passive pre amp
    Moon 110LP Phono Stage
    Nord Streamer / Dac
    Townshend F1 Fractal interconnects
    Townshend DCT Isolda speaker cables
    Totem Sttaf floorstanders

And my pride and joy

Fully rebuilt and custom sprayed Townshend Rock TT with Audio Mods Series Six Tonearm and Dynavector 17DX cart (built by a very clever and enthusiastic mate, highly recommended)

I’ll never change this deck it’s superb, a complete one off and sounds amazing.
    I do (possibly) intend to downsize to an integrated amplifier eventually (as I buy more and more records and as a compromise with my Wife on space) but this deck is going no where.

Stay safe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Adrian.

Hello Luke,

Welcome to AoS, some lovely gear your have there, especially you Townshend. I looked for one and could not find a sensibly proved one at the time, one day maybe.

Cheers

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hello Luke,

Welcome to AoS, some lovely gear your have there, especially you Townshend. I looked for one and could not find a sensibly proved one at the time, one day maybe.

Cheers

Adrian
    The person who did mine is a bit of a turntable enthusiast, what he doesn’t know about these Rock decks isn’t worth knowing. Also, very reasonable prices and a completely transparent process. Highly recommended, if you ever change your mind he sources everything and I’d be happy to pass on his details.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Luke. Welcome to AOS.

As I expect you've seen, there's plenty going on, so just join in the chat and get to know folks.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Luke.

Some fine gear you use there. What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread