+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mission 774 on a Techy

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Found it, it's xaudiodesign for those interested.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Just had a look, don't think that shop is there anymore.
    Nope still there - bought from them last week.
    Search for xaudiodesign within eBay

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm inthescottishmafia.

See my previous post. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Funny though, I searched Mission 774 and none of his stuff came up. Strange.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    ....... I've found that "dressing" the cable between the rear of the arm and the base plate is really important - if there is any stiffness or spring effect here it adds a biasing force.
    Any tips on doing this Steve? Can see how too short/long can both be problematic.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKevster View Post
    Any tips on doing this Steve? Can see how too short/long can both be problematic.
    I've found that 13cm from arm tube exit to furthest pin on the red connector block is ideal.

It helps to separate the 4 wires if they are braided between the red plug and the rear of the arm tube. The wires should run in a smooth arc above the bias weight arm. I tested the arrangement by disabling the bias mechanism (just slip the thread off the pulley) and playing a blank area of a vinyl test disc to ensure there was no latent bias force - moving the wires in different directions until it was totally passive. Trial and error.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by worrasf; 12-12-2020 at 12:43.
    Always a little further

I'm Kev.

Thanks Steve.....I know some folks choose to braid wires here.
    Can see how that might contribute negatively in terms of unwanted lateral forces.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKevster View Post
    Thanks Steve.....I know some folks choose to braid wires here.
    Can see how that might contribute negatively in terms of unwanted lateral forces.
    No worries - Dominic Harper at Northwest Analogue gave me this sage advice so it's not just my amateurish idea

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123