+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SUT

I'm Steve.

Default SUT

Hello chaps,
    Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to use 1:2 SUT from my TT to Phonostage on a 3m run. I need to move my phonostage as I think it’s too close to my speakers.

Benz LP-S cart into an Edgar Phonostage

Thanks in advance
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Can't speak for your kit but I'd only attempt this with very low capacitance cable. You might experience odd treble and / or hum, you might not. An RG59 or similar cable of that length is cheap and worth a play if you can solder the RCA plugs on either end?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Dennis.

As a general rule I would keep all low level signalling close to the source, and run high level signals to the power amp and/or speakers.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agree with James.

The secondary of the SUT should be connected to the phonostage with as short a length of cable as possible. This is to minimise the cable capacitance, which can resonate with the inductance of the secondary winding.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I think I’ll leave it set up as it is. The TT and phonostage are next to one speaker, and the transformer in the PS has a slight hum, can’t be heard when music is playing but it’s just a bit annoying. I didn’t think the long run to the PS was a good idea, just seeing if anyone has done it successfully.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread