+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Changing from a valve amp to SS integrated .....

I'm Shaun.

LOL, I'd forgotten all of the 'fannying' around with different valve types in the hope that I'd suddenly find the Holy Grail which of course I never did. My old WAD 300B was a push pull amp in class A with no feedback unless you opted for it. On one occasion I had it hooked up to Triangle Zephyrs, bloody sublime but then changed to Castle Harlechs which were totally unsuitable. When it came to re-valving four 300B's I decided to sell it on. Fab sound but seriously flawed in other areas.

Today I had a now rare Prog session listening to the entire Lamb Lies Down On Broadway using the LDR passive and Usher power. OK, the power needs a 60 minute warm up but Christ it sounds amazing. Class A tranny with a hefty power consumption and seriously amazing sound. Bass definition is sublime.

Maybe next I'll change the preamp. Valves anyone..?

I'm Dennis.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but this evening after a day of despair at my speakers' performance, I listened to Cerys Matthews' Blues Show, and I couldn't ask for more, even on very old recordings and from FM, and using Icepower amps.

Such a relief, I was thinking I would have to acquire Vivid Giya G1 spirits, by hook or by crook.

I'm Laurie.

The only valves I can fxxxx around with are in phono stage, 2 pairs of ec88 and ec83 and I still look for perfect set, using rocking horse Rair 1950s seimens Long plates and 1957 ecc88, torches the teles I also have. Now looking for a 2nd issue 1953 amperex 12ax7 to match one I have. Two years still looking.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234