Some pics of my main system, which I haven't posted any of in a long time. Not the best light conditions unfortunately today, in what is a darkish room normally anyway. I haven't been using this system for nearly two years (mainly due to just being involved with other things), but have recently kicked it into life, so thought I post a few pics!

Ok, first up....

Heavily modified Croft Charisma-X preamp (lid off, as it's always being tweaked):

Paul Hynes MC head amp is above, all on Mana Acoustics supports.

Some rare NOS 6SL7/VT229 valves, including at the forefront, 1940s military-spec black base RCAs, as used in my phono stage, in professionally tested, closely-matched pairs:

Mad, hardwired and dedicated, 'Marco Mains' in individual junction boxes (fed from the CU with 16mm armoured cable, outputting massively over-specced heavy-duty mains leads), plus unfused Schukos, with Tube Distinctions noise filter for digital components in the foreground, and MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads fitted with Furutech FI-1363 rhodium plugs:

Vintage Sony DAS-R1 DAC, Sony's flagship model from 1987), using the fabled double-crown TDA 1541 multibit chips, heavily modified by Audiocom International, and weighing in at 30kg:

No other DAC I've heard to date does digital *so right*, and possesses its bass authority or highly addictive 'analog' sound...

Koss PRO-4AA headphones (an updated version of the original classics), which sound fab, but weigh a bloody ton! As used by Radio 1 DJs during the 1970s:

And my heavily modified Technics SL-1210MK5G - mods and partnering components listed as follows:

Mike New ETP platter and high-precision bearing/base plate, plus Paul Hynes internal regulator modules. Yannis Tome Gaia 423.5 Phono-Litz tonearm cables, Nagaoka GL-602 glass mat, Bruil record weight, Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/Magna Audio custom-made ebony armboard. Arm currently fitted with a NOS (ex-BBC stock) Shure SC35C broadcast cartridge, produced in Evanston USA (not the inferior 'made in Mexico' version) fitted with an original NOS Shure Dynetic Stylus (imported from the US), installed in a high-mass Audio-Technica AT TI-15 50th Anniversary solid-titanium headshell, fitted with Quad Hybrid leadwire and a Mpingo wood cartridge isolator. The T/T has Isonoe feet with Technoboots, and is supported on a Hi-Fi Racks wall shelf:

You can see how clean I keep my records, baring in mind that's a 12" single of '19', by Paul Hardcastle, I've had since it was bought new in 1985!

Close up of arm and cartridge (I have many others, including a DL-103, but this one is a hoot to listen to with 'radio friendly' pop music, which is underpinned with rock-solid weight and authority, coupled with consummate assuredness, detail and clarity, tracking at 4.5g, and also stupidly good for the money with all other types of music:

And its massively over-engineered, and extremely effective Paul Hynes SR7-EHD power supply (with DC7FS annealed fine-silver DC lead):

Under the hood:

Lockwood Major speakers, circa 1967, as used in various recording studios of the day, fitted with Tannoy 15" Monitor Golds:

A Locky with its 'dress off', along with some of my physical music collection:

All sounding superb, having been 'woken up' after 2 years of non-use... And after hearing it again, I intend to start using it more!

I'll post pics of my copper valve amp, once I've cleaned all the dust off it, lol!

Marco.