+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: The Marco-boy main system, as of August 2020

I'm Adam.

Sounds perfect. I’m free on Saturday. What time do you want me?

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm sorted.

Amazing system but you need a sofa upgrade, wooden arms? Where do you put your head when you lie down & it's not long enough for your 6 foot plus frame

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Sounds perfect. I’m free on Saturday. What time do you want me?

Lol... 6.30pm for 7.. Evening dress. Does Ursula have a tiara?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Amazing system but you need a sofa upgrade, wooden arms? Where do you put your head when you lie down & it's not long enough for your 6 foot plus frame
    Cheers, Royster, and well spotted... The wooden arms are because it also doubles as a futon, to facilitate overnight sleeps for guests, particularly after drunken (very late) night listening sessions!

For lying back, I use one of the three big cushions, to cover the end wooden arm, to allow my legs to rest on it, which yes, ably straddle the ends lol, but it's still comfy, and the other two cushions to prop up my head at the other end! Then when I'm on my own, just mong out to choons

Of course, there's also plenty of room for Del and I to have a cuddle, too (she's only little)

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... 6.30pm for 7.. Evening dress. Does Ursula have a tiara?

Marco.
    No, but I have several…
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Lol - then you can play in Del's pink princess room!

She's got a sign above the door that says 'ONLY cats and princesses ALLOWED!' So how are you in a tutu?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    It's a futon - I have slept there, and it's very comfortable.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    But is it comfy as a sofa? (that being it's primary purpose).

Yes it, mate (either used normally, or as I described), otherwise I wouldn't have kept it, would I?

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Indeed... What do you think of the vinyl collection now? In the first pic, the storage unit to the left is all classical, arranged in alphabetical order by composer and also symphonies/concertos, etc. Ditto with the top storage unit, beside the lamp, in picture 5.

The bulk of it has been bought secondhand, as you do from car boots and charity shops, and mostly of the 'vintage' variety (late 1950s - late 1970s) on desired labels from the likes of London Decca (blue and red labels) and Ace of Clubs/Argo, Deutsche Grammophon/Archiv, RCA Living Stereo, Columbia ('6 eye'), EMI/Phillips, etc) - some very rare, and all near mint

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081