+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Arcam FMJ A32 Amplifier

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Arcam FMJ A32 Amplifier

Nice amp this, in silver with remote. Considered by many to be their best amp. Got a bit of bite to it compared to their earlier Alpha range, but still smooth and non fatiguing.

Features include a quality phono stage (which I've not tried), seperable pre and power sections, nice display with programmable volume steps (fine, medium and coarse) plus a nice Full Metal Jacket case with anti resonance material. Rather heavy too! Specs can be found in this link, there are some excellent reviews online too.

https://www.arcam.co.uk/product,fmj-...-amplifier.htm

In good working condition but it has a couple of small marks on the fascia.

Asking £425. Collect from N London near the M25 or arrange your own courier if I can find a suitable box.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Filterlab; 22-08-2020 at 10:28. Reason: Reorganised the BB code

I'm Phil.

beautiful .... these sound SO good ..

When Wes Phillips heaped praise on the DiVA A85 integrated amplifier, he didn’t just say it was good. He went so far as to compare it to some of the best integrateds that money can buy. I admit to raising my eyebrows and thinking, Can it really be that good? After hearing the FMJ A32 at length, I can now understand his praise.

Although the A32 does sound a wee bit better after a short warm-up, even straight out of the box I could tell that the sound of this integrated was something special. It was smooth, clear, and clean -- no, make that squeaky clean. If signal purity is what you’re after, then the A32 gets high-fives all around, even when you compare it to products far more expensive. And as for "get up and go," the A32 has that too.

A number of tracks on Buena Vista Social Club Presents: Omara Portuondo [Electra/Asylum 79603] are full of excitement and vigor. The ultra-precise A32 is quick on its feet and has agility that breathes life into the music. I was most impressed with the crystal-clear rendering of the vocals and the precision of the percussion. The stage is laid out wonderfully, and the musicians are easy to pick out in the mix.

The A32's bass is tight, detailed, and controlled, but this is not an integrated amp that warms things up excessively or is "bloomy" in the bottom. When drums connect, their sound is incisive and without overhang or slop. My choral-orchestral test disc, The Mission soundtrack [Virgin 90567-2], is robust-sounding and laid out with a vast amount of space and pinpoint delineation of the voices in the choir. The sound with the A32 was razor-sharp.

High-frequency performance, sometimes the Achilles' heel of solid-state electronics, has a lot to do with this perception of speed and precision. With the A32, it's clear, airy, and extended without a hint of being bright or edgy. There’s nothing nasty in its delivery, and there is nothing forgiving or warmed over to cover things up. If you have an overly bright or tizzy-sounding source (which the CD23T CD player is not -- it’s just as clean and extended as the A32), then you could run into problems. The A32's high frequencies were simply pristine with my system configuration, and this trait makes the A32 quite a revealing performer for use with the best components. In fact, I used it to critique high-end digital sources a number of times.

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/arcam_a32.htm
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Lawrence.

Cheers Phil it's certainly a nice bit of kit. If I had the space and didn't need to raise some funds I wouldn't be selling it.

I'm Lawrence.

Little bump for this great amp.

I'm Lawrence.

Another bump

I'm Lawrence.

Price reduced to £395. Thinking about using it in my second system if it doesn't sell.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Price reduced to £395. Thinking about using it in my second system if it doesn't sell.
    Offer withdraw.

Have a bump on me Lawrence.

Tony
    Last edited by twotone; 30-08-2020 at 07:27.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Offer withdraw.

Have a bump on me Lawrence.

Tony
    Doh missed that could have held you to it

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Doh missed that could have held you to it
    Hi Lawrence, nah it was a low ball offer made on behalf of my son.

Fantastic amp though I would buy it for myself but I've had to resist as I've gone down the Yamaha MusicCast road.

I had the FMJ CD23T which was superb

I'm Lawrence.

Ah right not to worry then I think I'll use this in my second system rather than let it go cheap.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast