Thread: Super tweeters

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Default Super tweeters

Tell me about your super tweeters...

Any good?
    No good?
    Very trick?
    Utter s*it?

I had some Townshends years ago when I had a pair of Martin Logan electrostats, they worked well with them albeit aside from a slight trade off in imaging.

What’s your experiences with them?

I'm Adrian.

Default Super tweeters

Pseudo babble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Very speaker dependent, but I’ve found them very effective on some. I’ve had a set of Tannoys, currently have a set of Fostex T90A with L-pads which I’ve found very good, though I don’t need to use them with my current Bastanis OB’s.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alex.

If Coles 4001G in Spendor BC1 etc. and Celestion HF2000 in some related speakers can be considered supertweeters (above Celestion HF1300), I believe that they do add something positive.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    If Coles 4001G in Spendor BC1 etc. and Celestion HF2000 in some related speakers can be considered supertweeters (above Celestion HF1300), I believe that they do add something positive.
    I tried both in Supertweeter roles many years ago and thought the HF2000 vastly superior to the Coles.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

System dependant and each to their own, but I have had Tannoy ST in my system for about 10 years and would not be without them.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Still have a set of Townshend, as others have said though, they do make a diffrence [for the better ] on some speakers.
    Not used them now for a while, just sitting there, so if anyone fancies a pair, PM me
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Richard.

I have some BatPure super-tweeters that I'm soon to sell. They cost $58 (US) and then I had to pay extra import duty on them. I put then in small boxes. They will come with leads and plugs. I used them with my 'LivingVoice' speakers. Young people tell me they can hear a difference but, being 72 yrs old, I cannot.

Given the expense of our hobby they really do offer a cheapish experiment.

R
    PM me for objective graphs of frequency responses with and without the tweeters.

(I know I will need to provide pics at the same time as the advert. I'm trying to upload pics now to Flickr but along with my banking site - it seems to be down. Sunday!)
    Last edited by Bonky; 16-08-2020 at 16:42.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Be very interested to see those. I’ve used some and the difference was marked, would be nice to see some in-room measurements.

I'm Richard.

Hi, please pm me.

R

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast