+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Harbeth Monitor M30.1 speakers

I'm Osian.

Default FS: Harbeth Monitor M30.1 speakers

I am selling my Harbeth M30.1 speakers in rosewood, along with Something Solid XF stands.

I have owned these since new – I purchased them from Doug Brady HiFi around five years ago.

I use them with Croft amplifiers (25RS and 7R monoblocks) and they sound great. I am selling because we have recently moved house, and the size/colour doesn’t suit the new living room (and I want to try large Tannoy speakers).

I have the original boxes for the speakers (but not the stands). I would prefer collection if possible. I am based in Swansea, but would also be happy to drive up to 70 miles or so along the M4.

Now reduced to £1,650 for the speakers, including the stands.

IMG_4288 by Osh, on Flickr

IMG_4289 by Osh, on Flickr

IMG_4290 by Osh, on Flickr

IMG_4295 by Osh, on Flickr

IMG_4296 by Osh, on Flickr

IMG_4292 by Osh, on Flickr

IMG_4291 by Osh, on Flickr
    Last edited by osh; 16-08-2020 at 10:05.

I'm Osian.

Now reduced to £1,650, including the stands (which themselves sell for £500 new).

I'm Roger.

These speakers are the sweet spot of the Harbeth range IMHO, and in this finish with the SS stands (which are by far the best for any Harbeths), at this price they’re exceptional value. (The new 30.2 XD is £4,195 without stands, and one dealer told me that the difference in sound is minimal, with some customers preferring the 30.1 on audition.). The ‘Absolute Sound’ and other reviews rate them as the best two-way speaker tested.

I'm Greg.

I’ve got exactly the same speakers (but Tiger Ebony) and stands here at home. I’ve found that they fit into small rooms very well. The same room that previously accommodated my P3ESR served the M30.1 equally well, so don’t worry about having space for them.

Great price too for a reference level speaker
    Analogue: Thorens TD 124/II - SME M2-9R - Ortofon SPU Wood A - Sculpture A Mini Nano
    Digital: Roon Nucleus - Limetree Network
    Amplifier: Naim NAIT 50
    Speakers: TBC

I'm Osian.

Thank you for your kind comments. I think they're good value - certainly the lowest price I have seen for a pair - and I will no doubt regret selling them! I also agree that they work in small rooms. I currently have them set up in my study, which is around 9' x 11', and they sound really good.

I'm Denis.

this pair look just like mine but mine is 1093 serial number ....great speakers .

I'm Neil.

You have pm.

I'm Osian.

These are no longer available. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread