+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wharfedale LintoN heritage - opinions?

I'm Philip.

Default Wharfedale LintoN heritage - opinions?

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by philv View Post
    Any thoughts on these?

Thanks
    I've had a pair with the Linton stands for over a month or so now. I got a deal on an ex demo pair (880 inc delivery).

Previous speakers where Monitor Audio SIlver 200 (2019 edition).

The Lintons handle the stage separation better than the MA, they have similar mids for vocals).. the top end is smoother than MA, as the MA is metal tweeter and Linton paper one.

Bass reproduction is handle way better than MA (bigger cabs).

They look lovely in walnut (and the better half also agrees).

I wish I'd found these earlier instead of waisting time with MA ones. I feel like I got a bargain really.

I've also had a pair of Rega RX3 previously (had to get rid due to placement issues). I'd put the linton's up against the Rega but the RX3 will beat the Lintons on vocals - especially female vocals (they're more expensive though).

So for me, a nice looking pair of speakers that appeals to the livingroom captain and myself, that do sound lovely and wide, they dont fatigue the ears either. I'd say they are very good value for money with the stands for sure.
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmanuk101 View Post
    I've had a pair with the Linton stands for over a month or so now. I got a deal on an ex demo pair (880 inc delivery).

Previous speakers where Monitor Audio SIlver 200 (2019 edition).

The Lintons handle the stage separation better than the MA, they have similar mids for vocals).. the top end is smoother than MA, as the MA is metal tweeter and Linton paper one.

Bass reproduction is handle way better than MA (bigger cabs).

They look lovely in walnut (and the better half also agrees).

I wish I'd found these earlier instead of waisting time with MA ones. I feel like I got a bargain really.

I've also had a pair of Rega RX3 previously (had to get rid due to placement issues). I'd put the linton's up against the Rega but the RX3 will beat the Lintons on vocals - especially female vocals (they're more expensive though).

So for me, a nice looking pair of speakers that appeals to the livingroom captain and myself, that do sound lovely and wide, they dont fatigue the ears either. I'd say they are very good value for money with the stands for sure.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Much appreciated.

I'm Shane.

Only now just noticed this thread.

My father had a pair pre-lockdown.

Nice speakers. Fairly relaxed presentation. Looks nice with the grills left on, imo.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm matt.

I know most people aren't interested in measurements, but the ones on Stereophile look really good. Definitely worth a listen.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    I know most people aren't interested in measurements, but the ones on Stereophile look really good. Definitely worth a listen.
    Peter Comeau though isn't it? I don't think he's ever done a bad speaker. I wouldn't want to use them close to a wall though, they look like they'll have a lot of bass.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Peter Comeau though isn't it? I don't think he's ever done a bad speaker. I wouldn't want to use them close to a wall though, they look like they'll have a lot of bass.
    Peter Cormeau is a highly regarded speaker designer, so should be good if he designed them.
    Ignore the low frequency bump in the Stereophile measurements. He takes a nearfield measurement but doesn't correct for baffle diffraction.

I'm Justin.

I think they look great.

Chap over on another forum delighted with them.

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    they do yeah.... mine are now approx 1m from rear wall and toed in from side walls. they're not fussy, but yep.. too close to a wall and you get what you've said here buddy.
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm Martyn.

Heard them in our local record shop.
    The owner has a good ear...

The Denton 80th Anniversary models were/are excellent.
    Shouldn’t have sold mine on...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast