+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A sad day for Kralk Audio

I'm Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason P View Post
    A search on the characters involved in this indicates some degree of form for creating these situations. I feel very sorry for the founder in these circumstances. I'm sure he entered into things with the best intentions and wanted to expand and evolve. I doubt that will happen now.
    I didn't want to be judgemental when I first read that statement a few weeks back.....but I have to admit I did think "wanker NewSpeak alert" when I did. Good luck to Alan with his future in audio- I never heard any Kralk speakers but they evidently had a firm following and good reviews.

I'm Adam.

I had never heard of Kralk before reading this thread...

...a shame that they have gone out of business - the small BC30 looks very interesting.

Does anyone know the last price the BC30 retailed for?

Also can anyone say how the BC30 would compare with my current speakers - AVI Neutron IV?

Due to lack of space in my listening room I would have to mount the speakers on a bookshelf (either side of a Victorian fireplace)...

I see the BC30s are sealed designs. On my bookshelves they would just fit depth wise - with a little room for the speaker sockets. So they would be hard up against the rear wall...

...any thoughts from those that know these speakers?

I will be using them with a Creek 50A Amp and Creek 50CD CD Player.
    Adam.

I'm Martin.

According to the brochure in this old sales thread £1050 to £1100 https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-MkII-speakers
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Thanks for that - also interesting that according to the brochure the depth is only 200mm (another spec I saw said the depth was 280mm)...

...this means I will have plenty of room on my bookshelves for these.

I was looking to upgrade to Proac Tablette 10s - but someone on Steve Hoffman said the Proacs don't suit near back wall placement.

Were these Kralks only sold direct from the company?
    Adam.

I'm Martin.

Yes I think so. I heard the big ones (TDB12) at a show and they were very good especially at the price.

That BC30 ad is for the mark 2 there was also a mark one so that may explain the size difference. The Mark one BC30 were £429 new in 2015.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Thanks mate - I'll look out for used examples (unless the company gets going again).
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12